Information Technology Server Operations Lead - Secret Clearance
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: June 13, 2021
WANTED: a mission driven professional with a Secret Clearance or
higher to become our next IT Server Operations Lead in Rome,
As an IT Field Server Operations Lead, you will:
- Provide leadership and technical expertise supporting an Air
Force customer with a critical mission supporting the nation
- Receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, to
include our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be part of an empowered culture where you are a key contributor
to the success of the company
- Develop and implement technical solutions to transform and
modernize a large federal IT enterprise to increase performance and
- Continue growing your skills and knowledge
A week in the life of an IT Server Operations Lead:
- As a working lead, you will oversee and manage server
operations staff as well as perform activities that include
monitoring, maintenance, updating, hardening, and troubleshooting
VMWare Hosts, Windows and Linux/UNIX virtual servers
- Build, operate and maintain a full suite of Enterprise Services
on all customer networks including DREN and NIPRNET.
- Ensure that all service requests are tracked to completion and
customer service SLA's are met.
- Mentor and train service operations staff to provide high
quality customer service and reduce system downtime.
- Maintain and update a library of Standard Operating
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government
services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to
complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide.
Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and
innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
- Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Secret security clearance required; Top Secret preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting VMware vSphere
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting Windows and
Linux/UNIX virtual machines
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in system hardening with
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical
Implementation Guide (STIG) compliancy
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in implementing, managing, and
troubleshooting vSphere infrastructure
- Experience with Cisco UCS or other blade server
- Current Professional-level VMware certification required.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certified (V4 preferred).
- COMPTIA Security+ certification required
- Experience managing server operations for large organizations
with high availability and quick response requirements.
- Experience with ITIL-based service delivery
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
- Experience responding to cybersecurity incidents
Skills and abilities:
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high
energy level and willingness to aggressively take on
- Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a
focus on process improvement
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Syracuse , Information Technology Server Operations Lead - Secret Clearance, Other , Rome, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!