sign on - As
part of the physician leadership team, assisting the Regional
Medical Director or Senior Medical Officer (SMO), the Associate
Medical Director (AMD) provides clinical and operational oversight
to a team of physicians and advanced level practitioners, and acts
as a leader for the interdisciplinary team accountable for serving
a patient population and/or geography within a Landmark market. The
AMD directs and helps build the capacity of a team of providers to
manage a population of complex patients, and is responsible for
achieving clinical outcomes, optimizing utilization/costs, ensuring
high patient satisfaction, managing local community partner
relationships, and contributing to productive health plan
relationships. This position is 60-70% administrative, and 30-40%
clinical/direct patient care.
Partner with the clinical operations team to drive Landmark value
lever outcomes across a large patient population.
• Supervise zone medical directors (ZMDs), POD leaders and advanced
practice practitioners, including overseeing provider education,
development and formal/informal feedback, in-service training, and
• In partnership with other market managers, act as a clinical
leader across the interdisciplinary team (IDT). Resolve conflicts
among team members. Ensure adherence and accountability to Landmark
protocols (e.g. huddles), processes and outcome metrics. Ensure
communication across all market PODs are coordinated with MLT
• Lead effective interdisciplinary team meetings, including case
reviews that engage the full team, teaching on relevant clinical
topics, and training on new protocols and workflows.
• Act as a local leader and advocate for the Landmark model with
community providers and delivery systems and other community
partners or potential business partners.
• Assist in the development of materials and presentations for
external meetings, including PCP and delivery system meetings or
health plan Joint Operating Committees (JOCs).
• Stand in for RMD/SMO when not available for meetings within and
outside of Landmark.
• Assist with creating, publishing and participating in the call
schedule, approving PTO and other administrative activities.
• Assist in the development of, documentation, implementation, and
interpretation of local medical policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with the Program Director, VP of Medical Services and
other Landmark Health management regarding local issues including
patient care plans and authorizations for service.
• Remain current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization
management, quality management, managed care principals and new
clinical developments and technologies.
• Take an active role in reviewing and discussing all items
pertaining to Utilization Management. At the direction of the
RMD/SMO, the AMD may be responsible for oversight of the
Utilization Management process. This includes, but is not limited
to the following:
Referral request determinations
o Medical Necessity Denial of requests (with consultation with a
specialist as needed)
o Acting as Chairperson of the Utilization Management Committee and
the Quality Improvement Committee (if unable to attend, then
Medical Director will arrange for his/her “designee” to perform
o Review of policy and procedures
o Direct communication with individual providers regarding UM
Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the
market’s Quality Improvement Program and participates in the
continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care
provided to members.
• At the direction of the RMD/SMO participates in the resolution of
medically related grievances.
• Participate in recruitment of new providers and, at the direction
of the RMD/SMO, reviews and makes recommendations to the
Credentialing Committee regarding the appointment and
re-appointment of panel providers.
• Participate actively in the management of provider's contract
status within the provider panel to ensure the delivery of
quality-based health care while supporting the protections of the
provider's rights as well as Landmark Health’s obligations for
oversight and reporting.
• Participate in Medical Director Conferences if approved.
• Participate actively in all Peer Review activities.
Other duties as assigned by the RMD/SMO.
Medical Doctor currently licensed to practice without restriction
in the state of practice and has met or exceeded all the
credentialing requirements of a provider within the provider
• Current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management,
quality management, managed care principals and new clinical
developments and technologies.
• Have significant experience in leading teams of physicians and
mid-level providers in delivering high quality, cost effective
• Experience in recruiting and hiring medical talent along with
continuous supervision of the medical care delivered.
• Ability to analyze staffing needs sufficient to care for the
• Experience in coaching members of the health care team to provide
excellent care or, if needed, determine deficiencies in care and
formulate a plan for improvement.
• Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits
required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all
the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety
• Must be board certified at the time of hire or able to obtain
board certification during the eligible timeframe (5 years
following completion of residency or other