Company: Swift Refrigerated
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Perform Driver
leadership and Planning functions for extended coverage shifts at
larger terminal locations or in support of the Intermodal
department (less than 50% planning) for assigned line of
- DRIVER LEADERSHIP:
- Fuel and route Drivers while promoting the safety of
- Dispatch drivers on pre-planned loads and complete all
corresponding computer work.
- Communicate with drivers via QualComm messaging (read and send
- Plan loads with Drivers/Trucks (spends less than 50% of time
planning a designated area).
- Work with other Terminal ECT members in drivers' and customers'
special needs/requests as it relates to load planning.
- Resolve load targets and ensure on time delivery.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Monitor assigned loads, document and make appropriate
notifications of issues.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all loads for
total customer satisfaction; manage service issues, research and
code service failures.
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of customer
information; maintain knowledge of customer contractual
requirements; receive, commit to, and load detailed customer load
information ensuring system integrity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Customers,
Operations Drivers and all levels of leadership; maintain a
positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner
which facilitates the success of business operations in order to
meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership
including, but not limited to:
- Be responsive to drivers and other terminal needs and assist
with emergency situations (i.e. accidents) if the need arises.
- Understand and support company policies.
- INTERMODAL DEPT RESPONSIBILITIES ONLY:
- Work with all railroads to resolve issues such as Hazmat
billing, billing issues, set outs as well as any issues that come
up with the railroads.
- Skills: Ability to lead others; ability to communicate well
with others; ability to transfer knowledge; detail-oriented;
excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent
organizational skills; professional appearance; ability to take
direction from leaders; knowledge of the transportation industry
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: Previous driving experience or six months
of management, operations, or customer experience required.
Additional education may subsitute for required experience.
Keywords: Swift Refrigerated, Syracuse , Operations Support, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!