RP ALARA Specialist
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Is accountable for implementing the station ALARA program through
the activities of ALARA planning or application of effective ALARA
techniques such as lead shielding, flushing, and implementation of
technology used to reduce exposure. Implements the long term
planning processes of Exelon and assists the department in on-line
and outage RP planning activities and preparation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Attend meetings representing Radiation Protection and ALARA and
insure the appropriate RP resources are properly scheduled.
- Tracking and monitoring RP metrics for CRE reduction including
personnel exposure, industry metrics, and other plant parameters to
insure that the site maintains an appropriate focus on CRE.
- Assist Station Personnel to ensure work is properly scheduled to
take advantage of ALARA controls.
- Perform in progress reviews and write ALARA packages as
- Implement corrective actions, self assessments, and benchmarking
into departmental and self learning objectives.
- Perform in field observations of work and insure that appropriate
standards of performance are met
- B. S. Degree in Health Physics (or related field) and 1 year of
related work experience in radiation protection
- Associate Degree in Health Physics (or related science) with 3
years related experience in radiation protection
- High school diploma with ANSI 3. 1 RP technician qualifications,
or at least 5 years of RP-related experience in at a nuclear power
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of EWCS, Access and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must understand the work control process and be able to
communicate closely with Maintenance Work Analysts
- NRRPT Certification
- Can fill the positions in RP outage planning, RWP coordinator, RP
work scheduler, or the duties of an ALARA analyst.
- Must be able to independently perform ALARA reviews and data
- Must be able to use interactive skills to engage the work
- Must have critical self and field reviews and actively coach to
improve site performance
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Syracuse , RP ALARA Specialist, Other , OSWEGO, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!