Registered Nurse - General Surgery
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse,
highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Open door guiding principle gives all our
nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the care team
of medical assistants, secretaries, LPN, and physician group.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program.
- Work/Life: Regular schedules to balance your work/life and
What you will do:
- Gather intake data, reason for visit and assist with routine
- Assist physician in office procedures and provide treatment
modalities as ordered by the provider.
- Medical record documentation.
- Medication including vaccinations administration.
- Telephone Triage.
- Phlebotomy and specimen collection.
- Patient and family education.
- Referral and specialty appointment scheduling.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises
the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision
of direct care of patients and families.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader,
preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in
the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming
healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and
outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing
Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good,
Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in
expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being
faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current
licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and
updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific
areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently;
occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to
stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various
regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Syracuse , Registered Nurse - General Surgery, Other , Liverpool, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!