Project Engineer - Functional Safety
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to
industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories
and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries,
delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and
Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply
chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered
consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our
customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and
certification for a variety of electric products, including
appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices,
information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and
energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals
help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by
people throughout the world.
- Makes technical decisions based on knowledge, training and
experience to maintain the integrity of the FS Mark of
- Review or delivering FMEA, review fault control applied to
circuit, and functional safety analysis, in particular with in
depth understanding of different complex control circuits.
- Review risk analysis.
- Review identified safety functions.
- Prepares quotation and scope of deliverable for clients.
- Support the sales team to get the potential clients.
- Conducts on-site witness test, and functional safety audit at
the clients' premises and be willing to travel (North
- Manages the relationship with clients by determining client
needs and expectations.
- Interfaces with certification staff with own and other groups
and laboratory technicians on any certification related
- Prepares functional safety reports, certificates and other
related certification documentation.
- Shares knowledge with other staff and Intertek as a whole
through written or verbal communication and training events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager to
support cross Intertek group programs.
- Proactively coordinates and manages multiple projects
- Follow sample handling procedures, ensuring that sample is
logged in and out of the system. Move equipment as needed
through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Communicate with clients, sales personnel, and management
- Review project files for compliance with operating
- Make technical decisions relating to the interpretation of
standards, applicability of standards and development of test
- Bachelors degree in electrical, Mehanical or computer/software
engineering plus 3-4 years experience.
- A minimum 3 years' experience in assessing Embedded hardware
design and Software design for safety products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact
effectively and efficiently with internal customers as well as well
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work
independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work well under tight schedule in a team
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with
an eagerness to learn
- Effective time and project management skills in order to
efficiently handle a variety and multiple project requests
(quotations, certification projects, etc.) in order to meet on time
delivery and improve turnaround timelines for customer project
- Experience in functional safety standards is a plus (e.g. IEC
61508, ISO 13849, ISO 26262, IEC 62061 etc.).
- Functional Safety certification such as CFSE/CFSP or equivalent
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Intertek, Syracuse , Project Engineer - Functional Safety, Other , Cortland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!