Lead Telecom Engineer
Company: Aspen Dental
Location: East Syracuse
Posted on: June 10, 2021
For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been
innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model.
We're an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new
ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000
team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come
through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe
the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners,
practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes
it virtually impossible to imitate what we do. Our continued growth
has created an opportunity to join our Information Technology team
as a Telecom Engineer III.
Provide technical expertise in telecommunications, call center
functions and overall end user support for all telecommunications
systems. Experience with Avaya Aura Contact Center systems is a
Key Job Functions:
- Expert level knowledge of telecommunication systems and
protocols including H323 and SIP.
- Designs, plans, implements and maintains corporate
- Manages small to medium sized projects according to documented
budget and schedule.
- Serve as lead technical staff in course of telecommunications
projects and activities.
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operations
and systems stability. Raise performance exceptions or concerns to
- Document telecommunications problems and resolutions.
- Create, update and maintain all telecommunications
documentation including company disaster recovery procedures,
hardware and software configuration for all telecommunications
- Works with internal and external customers to gather
requirements in order to meet corporate telecommunications
- Works assigned action items which include monitoring, reporting
progress, and end user support for telecom issues to meet Service
- Ensures Change Management procedures are followed and leads the
development and maintenance of user documentation and
- Ensures system stability and overall health of the corporate
- Configure and maintain corporate telecommunications monitoring
- Participate with a team of technical staff and managers or
business unit to determine technical systems requirements and
functionalities needed in large/complex telecommunications
Minimum Education and Experience
- A minimum of five to seven years designing and administering
enterprise telecommunications systems.
- Demonstrates an expert knowledge of telecommunications
infrastructure including Avaya systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks
- An active Avaya certification is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a
related area is preferred.
Keywords: Aspen Dental, Syracuse , Lead Telecom Engineer, Other , East Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!