Location: Painted Post
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Requisition Number: 47588
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science! For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation.
We succeed through sustained investment in research & development,
a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to
our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract
and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of
talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for
more than 160 years.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global
workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe
bringing their "whole selves" to work. Our Diversity Network hosts
18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have
access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel,
digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and
celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been
recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently
recognized as a national employer of choice.
SCOPE/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Reporting to the Service Owner of Collaboration, the
Collaboration Engineer is a senior technology leader that will
function as SME for collaboration technologies, with an emphasis on
Microsoft Office 365. Microsoft Solution Engineer will function as
an enabler across IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations,
Security, Strategic partners, Technology vendors and Project
management teams to facilitate the successful delivery of complex
Corning initiatives and priorities.
- Responsibility will include supporting this year's strategy and
design efforts to define the Corning Collaboration solution, as
well as to help deliver several complex people, process and
technology related activities critical to being ready to support
initial release and subsequent migration of to Office 365 services
in 2021 and beyond.
- Responsibility will also include guiding the Infrastructure
team through the Design, Engineering and operational oversight of
Microsoft Cloud Services such as O365/M365 - Exchange Online,
SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, Azure, etc.
- As a core member of the collaboration, this person will be
responsible for helping direct and guide the delivery of key
priorities across multiple stakeholders, with the assistance of the
Project Manager and Technical Support teams. While being
predominantly internally focused, this position will require strong
communication to bridge between various Infrastructure and
Application teams as well as an excellent ability to navigate
within a background of relative ambiguity.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with projects driven by business and service line
demand, monitor system performance, provide technical support and
guidance to other administrators. maintain system security by
actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the
- Establishes standards, policies & guidelines for the
Collaboration Platform in collaboration with service line owner and
- Develop, Configure, and support collaboration solutions that
meet business needs and align with Corning technology
- Evaluate all documents according to system requirements and
evaluate all design and perform tests on all development activities
and administer all complex methodologies.
- Supports IT project start up though technical consultation,
charter definition, benefit and analysis, requirements gathering
and formal PMO approval.
- Partners with all members of project team as a technical lead
in the planning, design, coordination and execution of
comprehensive, realistic and effective work plans.
- In partnership with Corning architecture, helps gather
requirements, define options and develop holistic integrated
solutions to complex business challenges.
- Helps promote a consistent vision and strategy throughout the
- Builds relationships that foster collaboration and partnerships
to drive better strategies, priorities, and service to the
- Assists and oversees quality change control according to
Corning Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management
and Disaster recovery Methodology
- Mentors members of the team on architectural, engineering and
operational best practices
- Provides escalated support for Business-Critical problems
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Information Management Systems, or Computer Engineering; or a
minimum of 15 years' experience in an IT-based, equivalent
- Microsoft certification in Office 365, Exchange Online and
Microsoft Teams is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in system administration, with a focus
on Exchange, Teams, Skype and other messaging or chat tools
- 7+ years' experience in a production IT environment managing
enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting services and cloud
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange
on-premise and Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook
Client, Intune, Azure AD Conditional Access, F5 load balancing and
related concepts, ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Team player with excellent verbal/written communication and
interpersonal skills; ability to effectively present information to
all levels of the organization.
- Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation
- Ability to lead international teams across multiple initiatives
that span various lines of business, geographic borders, time
zones, and cultures
- Architecture skills, ability to think conceptually
- Experience with creating and maintaining application and
- Project management skills
- Experience with ID Access Manager technologies like NetIQ, Okta
- Strong understanding of Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB),
Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Mobile Device Management (MDM) concepts
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management concepts
- Up to 25%, domestic and international
Sound like you? Apply today!
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
Nearest Major Market: Corning
Keywords: Corning, Syracuse , Collaboration Engineer, Other , Painted Post, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!