Purchasing Senior Buyer - Planner (Manlius, NY)
Company: L & JG STICKLEY, INC.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Purchasing Senior Buyer Planner
The Purchasing Senior Buyer / Planner will provide a high level
of service to ensure employee, customer and vendor satisfaction.
The Senior Buyer / Planner does this by performing all aspects of
raw material Purchasing & Planning activities for the Stickley
manufacturing plant in Manlius which includes the planning and
procurement of materials and services based on MRP and customer
requirements. The Senior Buyer / Planner will be expected to
achieve optimal costs and supplier on-time delivery, with an
on-going focus to reduce lead-time and inventory levels. The Senior
Buyer / Planner will also be expected to manage designated
commodities with respect to pricing, lead times and market
- Select, order and coordinate materials and/or services.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and payment terms with
- Determine optimal methods of procurement (i.e. direct purchase,
Kanban, VMI, etc.) to support business and customer
- Manage suppliers to determine best outcomes based on price,
quality, delivery and applicable metrics.
- Develops new sources of supply in support of Stickley's
residential and contract sales channels.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers, ensuring the
best outcomes for Stickley. This could also include contracts and
- Recommend and implement cost savings including make-versus-buy
- Maintain records and systems consistent with company policy and
good manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement focus at all times regarding
supplier quality, delivery and lead-time.
- Participate in Kaizen & Lean / Six Sigma activities or other
special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers to resolve
all material issues, including shortages and quality and delivery
- Measure supplier performance and take appropriate steps to
ensure they meet expectations.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices / processes and
key market trends.
- Develop a working knowledge of Stickley Manufacturing systems
including 4th shift and AX.
- Display strong organizational, analytical, and follow up skills
and maintain a strong drive for delivering results.
- Collaborate and work effectively with all company personnel and
- Display a professional attitude and represent the company with
integrity and professionalism.
- Work independently and make decisions based on established
operating procedures including effectively managing and
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and have ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills (proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e.
Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have high ethical standards & demonstrate positive
- Good problem solving skills
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient
to perform job functions
Benefits We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive
benefit package that includes:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Health, prescription, and dental insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan,
- Flexible spending account
- Generous employee discount
Keywords: L & JG STICKLEY, INC., Syracuse , Purchasing Senior Buyer - Planner (Manlius, NY), Other , Manlius, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!