Food Service Worker 1
Company: State of New York
Location: Montour Falls
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience
qualifications for this class, but incumbents must be able to speak
and write English and pass a physical examination.
Duties Description Under the direction of a higher-level
employee, Food Service Worker 1 will perform a variety of
activities related to the storage, preparations, and service of
food. Duties may include but not limited to the following:
- Wash food service equipment, including garbage cans and general
kitchen cooking utensils, by hand and machine, using a variety of
- Wash storage areas, including food preparation areas, by hand
and machine, using a variety of cleaning substances.
- Store deliveries in appropriate areas.
- Bring food and other supplies to preparation and serving areas
- Clean fruits, vegetables, and potatoes in preparation for
cooking as directed.
- Cook grill-type food such as hamburgers and eggs.
- Serve food in the proper portions to students.
- Ensure students on special diets receive proper food and
- Wash and sanitize dining room areas including chairs, tables
- Various duties as assigned.
- Must have or be able to obtain ServSafe food safety training
Shift: Monday through Friday from 6:00am-6:00pm, and weekend
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and
disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field
offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would
result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations
Keywords: State of New York, Syracuse , Food Service Worker 1, Other , Montour Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!