Job ID 30043313 City Syracuse State New York Country United
United States of America
CANTR: Refrigeration-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse,
NY, 13221 USA
Carrier has an exciting opportunity for a Control Systems &
Software Engineer to join its Carrier Transicold and Refrigeration
Controls and Digital Products Engineering team located in Syracuse,
Our Carrier Transicold Controls Engineering team provides
game-changing solutions to make Carrier's transportation
refrigeration units smarter and connected. Our products are
undergoing a radical transformation into intelligent refrigeration
systems that are more efficient and reliable. The controls
engineering team designs, develops, and supports intelligent,
connected control systems and is continuously adopting new
development technologies and capabilities.
The Control Systems Software Engineer will work as part of our
team to create efficient, high-quality, and reliable real-time
control products for Carrier Transportation Refrigeration Units.
The Control Systems Software Engineer will utilize state-of-the-art
embedded control development processes and tools, including
Model-Based Design, to create, verify, improve and document control
algorithms, control application programs, and control systems.
This position will be primarily focused on control design and
its software implementation and integration, specifically the
design and implementation of refrigeration system real-time
control, supervision, and diagnostics.
Specific responsibilities will be:
- Provide analysis of dynamic systems and control performance,
including controllability, robustness, stability, and
- Develop real-time simulation models using
Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow to support real-time testing of
integrated controllers using Rapid Control Prototyping, Model In
the Loop, Software In the Loop, Hardware In the Loop verification
- Apply model-based design methodology to design, implement and
verify our real-time control systems.
- Collaborate with embedded software engineers to integrate
auto-generated code into the embedded controls platform. Develop
and maintain integrated embedded software.
- Interface with refrigeration systems engineers to understand
requirements and applications and translate them into control
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our real-time control
development process by introducing and adopting innovative ideas,
new tools, including model-based design.
B.S. degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 5-7 years of
experience in control systems.
M.S. degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 3-5 years of
experience in control systems.
Ph.D. degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 1-2 years
of experience in control systems.}
- Knowledge of feedback controls engineering foundations and
industrial controls applications.
- Understanding and experience in model-based design methodology,
model-based system engineering, and model-based toolchains.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Familiarity with C/C++ and integration of controls on an
embedded software platform. Development and verification of control
modules in C/C++.
- Knowledge of dynamic system simulation of controls and
equipment using physics-based or data-driven models.
- Experience in control algorithm design and application to
- Familiarity with Model /Software /Hardware in the loop and
Development, Technology, and Methodology
- Understanding of thermodynamics, dynamic system modeling,
analysis of dynamic systems.
- Experience with product lifecycle management tools, such as IBM
Jazz Suites - DNG, RTC, and RQM (version control, testing/quality
- Experience with UML/Rhapsody and/or other architecture
- Knowledge of control system diagnostics algorithms and their
- Write specifications, test plans, and document designs.
- Create, refine and clarify requirements with engineers from a
different technical backgrounds.
- Understand end users' application of products and impact on
- Evaluate and respond to customer questions and issues.
- A proactive individual demonstrates a capability to innovate,
propose new ideas, show curiosity, question the status quo.
Minimal Travel to customer sites, field locations, and other
Domestic relocation will be considered
This position will be located in Syracuse, NY, cannot be
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is highly
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy