Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2020
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to
creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of
January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a
highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and
represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have
come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North
American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices.
Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary
solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering,
project delivery, and design-build services.
For more than 70 years, OBG, Part of Ramboll, has specialized in
engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest
strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our
clients. OBG There s a way.
We currently have an opening in our Syracuse, NY office for a
Senior Electrical Engineer to support utility and infrastructure
projects. This role will require a combination of skills including
technical leadership, talent management, project management,
construction management and business development. This position
will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Serve as a technical lead electrical engineer. Lead the quality
review process of work products developed by others, and lead a
team of electrical designers, electrical engineers, and coordinate
the work of other discipline engineers into the final design
* Serve as a mentor, developing the technical skills of others.
* Act as the client interface representing the electrical
discipline on utility and infrastructure projects and lead other
disciplines during a design program. Act as the Project Manager on
small to mid-scale electrical projects.
* This includes the ability to interact with the client at the
request for proposal stage, develop letter proposals and fee
estimates, prepare and deliver presentations to the client, and act
as the Ramboll representative throughout project duration.
* Understand and grow the energy practice by promoting Ramboll's
capabilities to clients and building relationships within the
marketplace. This includes participation in relevant professional
affiliations to stay current with emerging technologies and
* Provide support for construction projects, including cost
estimating, construction phasing/scheduling, site inspections,
punch list development, and shop drawing review.
* Support construction projects as an on-site CM for electrical
programs that align with your skill set.
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of industry codes and
standards, and develop code analysis reports. Preferred code
knowledge includes NESC, ANSI/IEEE standards, energy code, and
building code. Familiarity with utility standards preferred.
* Design for electrical power distribution systems including medium
and high voltage utility interface equipment such as client
switchyards/substations, distributed energy resources (DER), and
major project planning.
* Prepare technical reports to define projects and provide clients
with technical direction.
* Prepare and review power systems analysis reports, including
short-circuit, load flow, and protective device coordination
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* BSEE, engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of
* 8+ years of relevant work experience
* PE license in NYS preferred
* Experience in the development and management of staff, project
management, and business development within a consulting
* Leadership: capability to make quick and sometimes tough
decisions. Develop opportunities for individuals to work together.
Encourages and seeks out feedback.
* Critical Thinking: capability to be able to solve problems as
they arise, analyze inefficiencies and refine company
* Communication: capability to effectively communicate with
employees, clients, and business partners to create a clear and
mutual understanding on common goals, directives, and expectations.
Possess skills ranging from negotiation, conflict resolution,
communications, influencing, and coaching.
* Relationship Building: maintains and fosters relationships
within, across, and external to the organization. Solicits advice,
support, and commitment that results in smooth transition of
* Business Perspective; demonstrates the understanding of Ramboll's
operations and functions, as well as the industry and competitive
environment in which it operates to make effective business
* Resilience: capability to work with multiple employees,
department leads and project/programs, while maintaining one's
* Safety Leadership: creates an environment to enhance Ramboll's
* Innovation: builds a culture of innovation through employee
conversations, discussions during division or brand-level meetings,
and encouraging participation in company sponsored innovation
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment
is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable
accommodation with the application or the interview process, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Syracuse , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!