Linux/VMWare System Administrator
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Job Title: Linux/VMWare Administrator, Syracuse NY
Our client, a growing fun company to work for based here in Syracuse, New York, is seeking to grow their Linux / VMware Administration team.
We are searching for a full-time Linux / VMware Administrator to help them architect and maintain our infrastructure. The Senior Linux / VMware System Administrator works with a team of motivated, articulate and knowledgeable IT professionals. The Senior Linux System Administrator must be familiar with VMware and Linux operating systems and software, able to provide sound proofs-of-concepts, willing to perform cross-functional duties as necessary to aid the team, and have a proven history of creating tools and automating routine IT/Business tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to, the administration, support, and maintenance of the following:
•VMware administration including host installation and configuration, guest provisioning and maintenance activities.
•Storage network administration and maintenance.
•System administration, performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management for internal and lab environments.
•OS installation, support, performance tuning, monitoring, applying service packs, etc.
•End user support for system infrastructure (server and network)
•Proactive monitoring of server systems (e.g. uptime, failover, anti-viral, anti-spamming, etc.)
•Maintain and support backups for servers and clients
•Participate in long-term strategies for IT
•Writing of tools, scripts, etc., as necessary to aid the team
•Receiving, racking, cabling and installation of new systems to be built and put into service
•On-call as needed to aid the team
•Support miscellaneous systems as necessary to aid the team
• Bachelors degree or 4 years of relevant work experience and/or relevant certifications
• At least 7 years experience working as a Linux Administrator
• Automation experience with Chef or Puppet required
• Server related technology (e.g. RAID systems, backups, SAN, etc.), EMC experience a big plus
• Demonstrated experience with web and application servers
• Expert level VMware experience
• Security experience with local/networked file systems, IPSEC, VPN, SAMBA
• Demonstrated experience with performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting
• Scripting and/or automation skills
• Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, UDP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SMTP, NIS
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Highly organized, able to multi-task, the ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels
Apply today for this Unix / VMware Systems Administrator job here in Syracuse, New York or call Susan Duenkel at 315-233-4067 to learn more.
Keywords: , Syracuse , Linux/VMWare System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!