LMS Technical Support Representative
Company: National Safety Council
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Save lives, from the workplace to anyplace. The National Safety
Council is America's leading nonprofit safety advocate. - We focus
on eliminating the leading causes of preventable injuries and
deaths. -Through leadership, research, education, and advocacy, NSC
focuses on areas where most unintentional injuries and deaths
occur. - Our Initiatives include:
- Workplace Safety
- Roadway Security
- Impairment We are currently looking for an -LMS Technical
Support Representative to -join us in our mission to save lives and
prevent injuries. Position Highlights: The LMS Technical Support
Representative will provide technical assistance and answers to
users' questions, assisting users by troubleshooting problems with
computer hardware or software. What You'll Do:
- Effectively conducts inbound customer service calls from
multiple program queues meeting defined performance metrics,
quality and customer satisfaction standards, and satisfying all
program regulatory requirements.
- Applies empathy, listening, and service techniques to defuse
situations and avoid call escalation.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves users' problems with
computer software and hardware.
- Fields support calls, chat, email, and/or other communication
from users with inquiries regarding web-based eLearning software
- Effectively handles multiple customer email and/or chat
conversations simultaneously, with professionally written
- Drafts and supports the implementation of professional template
email and chat customer responses to enable efficient simultaneous
support of multiple customer conversations.
- Consults with users to determine steps and procedures taken to
identify and resolve the problem.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and
procedures to solve problems.
- Guides users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes,
which may include the use of diagnostic tools and software and/or
following verbal instructions.
- Collaborates with other staff to research and resolve
- Clearly and concisely documents customer interactions with
account notes in business systems.
- Designs and creates process documents, job aids, call flows,
and other resources to support team performance and
- Expertly trains new and existing colleagues to handle eLearning
support calls, including meeting defined quality and customer
- Provides input to further Continuing Education training needs
and content for the CSR team.
- Proactively and swiftly communicates repetitive or widespread
customer concerns to management for resolution.
- Identifies repetitive customer issues and recommends changes to
processes for efficiency or to elevate the customer
- Provides Level 2 customer support via escalated phone calls,
Jabber chat support, and email.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. We're Looking for
Someone with: -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least three years of experience in customer technical
support is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and
non-technical employees and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an array of
computer hardware and software.
- This is a hybrid position.
- The salary is $21.75/hr Reasons You'll Love it here: - NSC
cares about the safety, health, and overall well-being of our
employees. - We offer competitive benefits, resources, and tools to
promote a work-life balance that supports employees during all
phases of life. - We offer the following:
- At least 20 PTO days accrued 1st year and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 403(b) & Roth 403(b) -with employer match up to 6%
- Reimbursable training
- Student loan pay down
- Dress for your day We believe that you can't be safe if you
don't feel safe. -Feeling safe requires a commitment to equitable
policy implementation and promoting diversity in the safety
profession. We must cultivate our own diverse, inclusive, and
equitable work environment to deliver on our mission to save lives,
from the workplace to anyplace. NSC is an equal-opportunity
employer. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: National Safety Council, Syracuse , LMS Technical Support Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!