Assembler/Tester 1 (Vandalia Line)
Company: GE Aviation Systems LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description Summary Job DescriptionBasic Qualifications
- High School Education or GED. Eligibility Requirements:
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens,
permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the
Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to
access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of
status prior to employment.
- Basic understanding of blueprint and process sheet
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools (crimpers,
soldering iron, wire strippers, brazing equipment, etc.) and
measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, rulers, etc)
- Ability and willingness to operate high temperature ovens and
- Ability and willingness to pass Visual Acuity Exam as
- Ability and willingness to obtain Solder and Braze
certification as required Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts according to process sheet/print
- Perform electrical, mechanical, magnetic testing as required
(i.e. - dielectric, meggar, hipot, etc.)
- Perform in-process hi-pot testing; Perform basic set up of
- Perform vapor blasting as required
- Perform inventory counts and verification
- Assist with proto-type or first time builds with guidance from
higher level employees.
- Assist Engineering and/or Team in development and/or
improvement of layout procedures and process sheets.
- Review expiration date of materials to ensure materials &
equipment to ensure all are current.
- Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products;
Good housekeeping skills.
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety
procedures; Other duties as required per department.
- Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and
- Compliantly complete all written and/or electronic labor
- Report problems to appropriate resource and/or Coach.
- Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving
operation or set up
- Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of
new processes and/or issues.
- May interact with internal cross functional teams (i.e. -
- Participate in and support team initiatives.
- Other duties as required. Desired Qualifications:
- Preferred assembly, solder experience and electronics
- Be comfortable working with multiple chemicals and/or gas
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Familiarity with 6S & lean manufacturing knowledge. Physical
- Ability to continuously use hands and fingers in
- Ability to continuously sit
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
- Ability to push/pull up to 22 lbsNote: Assembly
responsibilities may vary by department due to nature of the
assembly work. See job matrix for department specific guidelines.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment,
professional development, challenging careers, and competitive
compensation. GE is an - Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the
United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
applicable). As a federal government contractor, GE may in the
future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. -Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates
that may apply to GE employees. Relocation Assistance Provided:
Keywords: GE Aviation Systems LLC, Syracuse , Assembler/Tester 1 (Vandalia Line), IT / Software / Systems , Norwich, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!