Field Service Project Foreman / Leader
Posted on: November 22, 2020
WHO WE ARE:
US Ecology and NRC recently merged and have significantly
strengthened our position as a global leader of diversified
environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a
focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest
safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment
and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the
talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of
our diverse work force. The people of US Ecology are committed to
this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US
Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and
We are currently seeking a Field Supervisor to join our growing
The Field Service Project Foreman is responsible for managing field
service jobs which include but are not limited to emergency
response, hazardous materials handling, hazardous waste cleanup and
site remediation.u00a0 The Foreman is a working manager and is
expected to perform the required work as needed in addition to
managing the project.u00a0 This individual is responsible for
managing field service crews in a safe and compliant manner
according to H&S requirements as well as according to scope and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct and attend project meetings, daily and weekly safety
meetings with expectations of adhering tou00a0the job specific and
company safety policies, and all other meetings necessary for
successful project completion.
* Manage the scope, budget and labor on company field service jobs
as assigned. This position isu00a0accountable for successful
completion of the project.
* Plan the work, prepare schedules and regularly review with
Service Center Manager.
* Operate and maintain trucks, equipment and vehicles in a safe
manner in accordance with all companyu00a0health and safety
* Maintain a spirit of cooperation and teamwork at all times.
Displays leadership qualities including but notu00a0limited to work
practices, attitude, H&S attentiveness, etc.
* Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response
services including the cleanup ofu00a0hazardous/non-hazardous waste
spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management.
* Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning,
industrial cleaning & maintenance,u00a0environmental site
remediation, vacuum truck services and
* Understand and use the paperwork process flow, handling and
transportation of non-hazardous andu00a0hazardous waste
* Through safety training become an expert in recognizing onsite
potential hazards and throughu00a0communication and reporting,
rectify the concerns.
* Provide daily communication to the customer to assure premiere
quality of service. Assure that changeu00a0orders are communicated
before additional work is completed.
* Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and
pushing heavy objects.
* Accurately complete and submit daily logs, time-sheets,
manifests, expense reports, trip reports, vehicleu00a0inspection
* Keep your training record up to date with all DOT/OSHA and
company required training.
* Be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week, 365 days a year.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* High school diploma required, 2-year degree in the trades,
business or environmental industries preferred.
* Minimum 5 years environmental services industry experience.
* Hands on field experience in equipment operation and crew
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record (CDL
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite required.
* Knowledge of Federal and State environmental regulations
* Knowledge of scoping and pricing field service work.
* HAZWOPER 40-hour certification and 8-hour refresher required.
* Confined Space Supervisor training required.
* CPR and First Aid training required.
* Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and
* Ability to wear and use personal respirator equipment and other
forms of personal protective equipmentu00a0(PPE).
* Must be able to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
* Must be willing and able to travel out of town on short notice
for weeks or months at a time as required.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance
screening process including, but not limited to, employment
verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
search as well continued verifications throughout employment to
ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a
drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform
service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected
medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state
and local laws.
EOEu00a0Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: NRC, Syracuse , Field Service Project Foreman / Leader, IT / Software / Systems , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!