Human Resource Assistant
Company: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make
a difference!If you are passionate about making a difference in
someone's life and want to work for an organization that
appreciates and recognizes their employee's success, we encourage
you to apply today!Our Full-time opportunities offer:
- Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, up to
3 personal days, vacation time, and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after
1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive Health Care Coverage with low cost employee
premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans, including Short
Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition program
- Eligibility for the Federal Government's Public Student Loan
Forgiveness ProgramSome of these benefits are also available to
Part-time employees as well!Scope and Purpose of Position:
Responsible for providing assistance and support to the Director of
Human Resources and HR department in every area of HR discipline as
required to meet fluctuating
requirements.Responsibilities:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources and human resources
staff with administrative support including but not limited to
preparing correspondence and documents, scanning, copying, faxing,
filing and forwarding documents as needed.
- Assists with Kettle campaigns and summer camp onboarding.
- Processes and tracks regular volunteer applications.
- Tracks data in Excel spreadsheets for performance evaluation
process and other HR requirements such as mandated training as
- Maintains electronic COVID files for divisional daily health
- Enters ADP updates ensuring all required data fields are
accurate and complete.
- Coordinates and ensures vendor payments are processed in a
- Assists with HR projects as assigned.
- Prepares/pulls and secures files for internal and external
- Refreshes various HR documents (packets) and upload to Lotus
Notes with annual updates.
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive employee data ensuring all
payroll information, files and records are maintained in accordance
with federal, state and local laws and agency requirements.
- Maintains confidential files including privacy protected,
sensitive information and prepares and indexes for archiving.
- Position is not a telecommuting position
- Demonstrate cultural competence, and support Empire State
Division Strategic objectives. Other Duties: Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice due to
business needs.Qualifications:SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES,
- Strong skills in organization, customer service and written /
oral communications are required
- Fluent Excel skills required.
- Ability to pivot adeptly to changing requirements and
- One year of HRIS system experience with ADP and/or Ulti Pro
- Associates degree with three to five years of HR experience
- Accuracy and demonstrated sense of urgency is
essential.Preferred: knowledge and or experience in Human Resources
areas: recruiting, employee relations, compensation, benefits,
payroll, etc. .
Keywords: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory, Syracuse , Human Resource Assistant, Human Resources , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!