Asst. Exec Housekeeper
Company: Country Inn & Suites Big Flats Elmira
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Country Inn & Suites Big Flats
105 E. Mall Road
Horseheads, NY 14845
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the
operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly,
efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality
service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay,
while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping
personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the
steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel
- Establish and maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program
(i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and
maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Maintain and control all housekeeping equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards
(MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Conduct monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing
- Manage vendor contracts (i.e. dry cleaners, window washers,
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Highgate Hotel International SOP's.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected
with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Inspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are
cleaned to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies
by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Highgate
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel
procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m.
housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation
and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll
budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies
for Housekeeping staff.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently
and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the
proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show
- Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
- Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special
needs rooms, connecting, etc.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing
to Medallia Scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Housekeeping log book and Guest Request log on a daily
Keywords: Country Inn & Suites Big Flats Elmira, Syracuse , Asst. Exec Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Horseheads, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!