Outpatient Psychiatry Opportunity
Company: Britt Medical Search
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our team north of Syracuse,
NY. We are committed to keeping our Northern New York community
healthy mind and body. Practice Highlights:
- Behavioral health services include inpatient and outpatient
psychiatry, intensive outpatient addictions services and alcohol
and substance abuse treatment.
- Collaborative relationship and easy access to follow up
outpatient care at the outpatient behavioral Health Clinic.
- Seasoned professionals with extensive longevity: 3 BC
Psychiatrists, Licensed Practice Nurses, 14 clinicians: LMSW, LCSW,
LCSW-R, Psy D
- Approximately 2,300 clients served annually with an average
1,600 appointments monthly.
- Call is 1:4
- Expanding to 12 ED beds
- Environment conducive to empathy, healing and respect while
providing care to adults 18 years and older.
- Recent significant renovations have occurred to provide a
modernized healing environment.
- The Inpatient Mental Health Unit (IMHU) is a 32-bed unit on the
main campus and is certified and licensed by the New York State
Office of Mental Health.
- Most common admitting diagnoses are: PTSD, psychotic disorder,
bipolar disorder, personality disorder and co-occurring substance
- Medical H&Ps and medical support provided by Hospitalist
- Catchment population: 250,000
- Serving the military soldiers and their families from nearby
Fort Drum, home to the 10 th Mountain Army Division.
- The military population averages up to 40% of the IMHU
- Teaching opportunities are extended with accredited ACGME/AOA
family medicine and internal medicine residency training programs
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary: $320,000, plus a WRVU productivity model
- Signing bonus
- Education Loan repayment
- Relocation reimbursement
- 4-year contract
- A generous benefit package About the Medical Center:
- Largest community-based hospital in Northern New York
- Construction is about to begin on a brand new state-of-the-art
Orthopaedic office building on the main campus of the hospital
(expected opening in early 2024)
- Newly constructed (2018) state-of-the-art comprehensive cancer
center affiliated with Roswell Park Care Network
- Newly added hospital wing for Obstetrics and Pediatric
inpatient care, including pediatric orthopedic patients
- Expanded women s health services: Women s Wellness and Breast
- Not-for-profit organization, independent, financially stable
The Community: Northern New York offers safe and attractive
neighborhoods, quiet rural areas, affordable housing, light
traffic, first-rate school systems and a gorgeous landscape, all
combined with easy accessibility to major metropolitan areas. We
are a half hour from the Canadian border. International Airport is
just 15-minutes away, and Syracuse Hancock International Airport
(SYR) is an hour South. Home to the St. Lawrence Seaway, you will
find one of nature s true wonders: The Thousand Islands. Take a
boat tour of the Thousand Islands with a visit to Boldt Castle,
owned by George C. Boldt, proprietor of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel
in New York City. Boating, swimming, scuba diving and fishing are
popular pursuits throughout the Thousand Islands. We have four YMCA
fitness centers in the area with endless recreational activities
for kids and adults - including indoor swimming! Our local ski area
is a gathering spot during the winter for family and friends
offering ski/snowboarding lessons for all ages. At the foot of the
Adirondacks, the Tug Hill Region gets as much as 300 inches of snow
annually and is the perfect place for skiers, snowboarders,
snowmobilers, snowshoers, and snow lovers of all ages. In addition,
nearby Fort Drum, home of the US Army s 10 th Mountain Division,
brings to the region a sense of diversity and patriotic pride!
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job and email address to .
Search all of our provider opportunities here: .
Keywords: Britt Medical Search, Syracuse , Outpatient Psychiatry Opportunity, Healthcare , Watertown, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!