Registered Nurse Supervisor - St Luke's Nursing Home - Regular - Days
Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Summary Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the
nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting.
Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents
between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the
care given by CNA's, LPN's and supportive staff members.
Participates in resident and family teaching/conferences. Maintains
role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility's mission.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Assesses residents on admission, readmission as well as when
condition changes. Documents appropriately including medical
- Notifies physician of changes in resident's condition and
follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift and participates in
- Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management
techniques. Educates the resident and family regarding pain
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that
optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors. Supervises nursing staff to promote
- Implements plan of care for the resident based on assessments
and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Supervises and redirects other members of the healthcare team,
as needed, to accomplish the Plan of Care which has been
- Reviews staffing for own shift and upcoming shifts, takes
action to obtain adequate staffing.
- Administers medications, following the five medication rights
and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Functions as a leader for the CNA's and LPN's by delegating in
a manner that contributes to the excellence of the nursing
department and maximizes teamwork.
Education/Experience Requirements Required: Two years experience in
a medical/surgical or nursing home. One year experience in a
supervisory capacity. Licensure/Certification Requirements
Preferred: Registered Nurse licensure in NYS/BSN or related degree
preferred. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to their age,
race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.Successful
candidates might be required to undergo a background verification
with an external vendor. Job Details Req Id 87615
Department NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Shift Hours Worked 7.50
Work Schedule GENERAL BENEFITS HIRED AFTER 8/25/08
Employee Status A2 - Regular 60 Hours
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Syracuse , Registered Nurse Supervisor - St Luke's Nursing Home - Regular - Days, Healthcare , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!