Family Medicine with Obstetrics
Company: Merritt Hawkins
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Job Description & Requirements
Family Medicine with Obstetrics
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $240000.00 - $270000.00
Well-Regarded SUNY Upstate in New York seeks a Family Medicine
Physician Educator with experience practicing obstetrics for a core
faculty position. The incoming Family Medicine Physician will work
at the Community Hospital, collaborating with Family Medicine
residents and embracing a full-spectrum Family Medicine OB role
with a strong focus on teaching. With high demand and a short wait
time for patients in this specialty, the incoming physician will
quickly build a full panel within six months. This is an excellent
opportunity to significantly impact patient care and education.
* Enjoy an exceptional quality of life in Syracuse, ranked among
the top places to live in New York State
* Seize a unique FM w/OB position with ample OB opportunities,
unhindered by local OBGYN competition.
* Nurture the future of medicine by teaching the next generation of
physicians - additional educational leadership roles exist.
* Reap the advantages of state benefits and a lucrative pension
plan with a generous match.
* Realize a verified earning potential of $300,000.
* Experience increasing OB volumes, with the chance to include
operative OB for qualified individuals.
* Be part of the esteemed SUNY Upstate Medical University, ranked
as a Best Medical School by US News
Community Information Live and Work in Syracuse, NY
Syracuse, NY, a thriving university community with unparalleled
quality of life due to the incredibly reasonable cost of living,
offers waterfront homes, undeveloped acreage for custom-built
estates, and established homes within the city limits. You'll
appreciate four gorgeous seasons, ample outside recreation, and
numerous state parks, lakes, and trails. \n\n
* Syracuse is the No. 2 Best Place to Live in New York, No. 22 Best
Place to Live in the US, and No. 41 Best Place to Retire (US
* Cost of living is approximately 16% below the national
* Exceptional public and private schools with an easy commute from
any local suburb
* Convenient access to Boston, New York City, Montreal, Toronto,
* Enjoy ample downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating,
swimming, boating, and hiking.
* Proximity to an international airport for ease of travel and
access anywhere in the world
* Professional and collegiate sporting events keep the sports
enthusiast well entertained.
* Cultural entertainment attractions include museums, theaters, the
symphony, jazz fests, and the acclaimed New York State Fair
Board Certified and residency trained in Family Medicine and has
been practicing OB. \n3+years post residency preferred.
-Desire to work inpatient weeks (no more than 6 weeks/year)
encouraged but not required\n- OB fellowship preferred but not
The economic and cultural crossroads of central New York, Syracuse
boasts dynamic seasons and dramatic panoramas that change
throughout the year. Nestled among rolling green hills, this safe
and welcoming community boasts a wonderful cultural vibrancy and
recreational attractions that are comparable to a much larger
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent
physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any
other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician
employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also
recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN...
Keywords: Merritt Hawkins, Syracuse , Family Medicine with Obstetrics, Healthcare , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!