Nursing Supervisor RN
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Now offering Shift Differentials for Off Shifts:
+$7.50/hour on Evenings
+$5/hour on Nights
The Per Diem Nursing Supervisor RN at Nottingham RHCF (1305
Nottingham Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078) maintains quality clinical
care for residents/clients through direct supervision of nursing
staff. Communicates modifications to policy and procedures and
oversees compliance, serving as a resource to clinical staff.
Manages the daily activities of the clinical staff.
For more information, please call our Nursing Recruiter at:
Job Duties specific to this position:
- Supervises the clinical care planning and delivery processes to
ensure the coordination of quality patient care. Reviews the care
- Assesses residents/clients upon admission and periodically as
- Performs rounds to evaluate patient condition.
- Provides direct patient care when indicated.
- Obtains and implements physician orders, checking for accuracy
- Communicates effectively with the client/resident, family and
interdisciplinary team and ensures staff members communicate
effectively as well. Delivers education and instruction to
residents, clients, families and caregivers when needed.
- Communicates between shifts regarding changes in resident
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for clients/residents,
staff and visitors.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary
- Maintains the highest level of customer service within the area
- Provides clinical assessment to MD/NP/PAs on call for quality
outcomes delivered to patients.
Management and Employee Development:
- Provides daily leadership, direction and prioritization to
staff in accordance with Loretto's goals and mission.
- Plans, implements and evaluates the clinical competencies and
on-going educational/orientation needs of the staff. Updates
orientation or training materials as needed. Shares current
knowledge and up-to-date clinical expertise with staff through
formal and informal education. Takes responsibility for own
education and stays clinically current.
- Develops and monitors the department staffing pattern to meet
the needs of the patients, within budget parameters.
- Checks staff overtime and shifts/hours worked.
- Enforces the bargaining unit contract fairly and consistently.
Addresses issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensures nursing staff meet all re-orientation requirements, in
collaboration with the Director of Nursing.
- Ensures all regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to
by nursing staff and self.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with third party
- Directs the processes that facilitate the thorough and accurate
completion of required documentation. Examples include but are not
limited to: skin//wound reports, ADLs, weights, nourishment,
monthly MAR/TAR checks, Admissions, Discharges, incident reports,
investigations, audits, PRIs.
- Monitors adherence to the patient care standards through QAPI
(Quality Assurance Performance Improvement) and QA processes,
taking remedial action when needed.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Initiatives. Collects and
provides data as required.
Job Expectations as a Supervisor:
- Coordinates the work of an assigned group of employees.
Communicates work instructions, distributes and monitors work.
- Acts as the primary contact for routine issues in their area of
responsibility; may be a "working supervisor", who performs same
work as subordinate staff. The role focus is tactical and execution
- May complete and approve schedules in a timely and efficient
manner. Ensures the most efficient utilization of assigned
personnel to ensure an optimal workflow.
- Provides technical training and assistance on new equipment or
procedures. Assists in ensuring employees are provided with
- May provide input to employee performance and alert manager to
employee performance issues.
- Promotes and role models a culture of service excellence and
customer service within their functional area.
- Creates, promotes and maintains collaborative relationships and
partnerships with peers and staff throughout the organization using
active listening, unbiased and nonjudgmental language, and open
- Uses effective communication and critical thinking skills
during conflict resolution, problem solving, decision-making,
coaching and other complex dialogues.
Job Expectations for All Employees:
- Promotes and role models the mission, values, vision and
strategic goals of Loretto in all interactions with staff, peers,
residents, family members, vendors and visitors. Treats people with
dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service
skills such as friendly greeting, making eye contact, listening
attentively, responding in a timely manner, showing respect and
empathy and acting as a role model for staff and peers.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and
- Complies with established policies, procedures, and codes of
conduct at all times.
- Adheres to all health and safety requirements, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Practices and teaches safety awareness. Identifies and reports
or corrects any possible safety or environmental issues.
- Understands all HIPAA and other compliance & regulatory
requirements associated with their role, including completion of
required internal or external training/certifications.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years' experience in nursing preferably with 1-2
years in an acute/long term care setting.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in
related field preferred.
- Current New York State RN license and registration in good
- Proven patient assessment skills.
- Adheres to best practice nursing care.
- Ability to supervise and guide staff while carrying out the
duties of an RN.
- Proficient in the care planning process.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse
backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy
- Ability and knowledge to respond in emergency situations.
- Ability to analyze problems, plan resolution strategies,
implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Proficient in computer programs and able to learn new software
An equivalent combination of education and experience which
provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above
may be substituted for the above education and experience
Lifting 10.00% 50 lbs
- Excellent medical, dental, prescription and vision
- Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Retirement/Pension Plans
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Loretto Health Clinic Visits
- Generous Paid Time-Off Accrual
- Fun events for employees
- Convenient locations with free parking
- Employee Coaches - to help you achieve life goals
- Diaper Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career growth and movement within 19
Keywords: Loretto, Syracuse , Nursing Supervisor RN, Healthcare , Jamesville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!