Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a flexible
employee, who can work as a Residential Nurse or as an LPN
caregiver in the patient's home or in a skilled nursing facility
(SNF). Wherever employed, the LPN's primary responsibility is
providing patient care as directed by the patient's primary nurse.
Duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Provides nursing care based on plan of care as developed by
- Reports any changes to Residence Nurse Manager or Primary
- Documents thoroughly all care in an appropriate and timely
- Works closely with other members of interdisciplinary team to
enhance care and support for patient and family.
- Maintains Hospicare-owned patient care equipment in clean, safe
- Helps patient in performing exercises as prescribed by
appropriate professional personnel.
- Makes bed and performs other tasks to provide a suitable
environment for patients.
- Plans and prepares meals, feeds patient when necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping tasks essential for a safe/healthy
- Provides temporary respite for family caregivers during
assigned work time. (Homecare LPN)
- Keeps up-to-date record of care and patient's condition to be
submitted for incorporation into the patient's records.
- Attends required in-service programs.
- Attends team planning meetings as appropriate. Requirements:
Requirements of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Understands and is committed to the hospice philosophy of
- Able to function as a team member.
- Able to relate to and care for diverse groups of people in a
calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Able to relate well to terminally ill patients and their
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Has valid NYS drivers license, maintains own insurance and is
able to provide own transportation to travel to the homes of
- Is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New York State.
- Has two (2) years experience in acute care. (preferred)
- Has experience in hospice and/or home care. (preferred)
Keywords: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services, Syracuse , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Cortland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!