Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Per Diem - The Commons in Auburn
Company: Loretto Management Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
OverviewNow offering Shift Differentials: +$7.50/hour on
Evenings +$5/hour on Nights The Nursing Supervisor RN (Per Diem) at
The Commons on St. Anthony (3 St Anthony St, Auburn, NY 13021)
maintains quality clinical care for residents/clients through
direct supervision of nursing staff. Communicates modifications to
policy and procedures and oversees compliance, serving as a
resource to clinical staff. Manages the daily activities of the
clinical staff. For more information, please call our Nursing
Recruiterat: 315-413-3693 ResponsibilitiesResident Care:
- Supervises the clinical care planning and delivery processes to
ensure the coordination of quality patient care. Reviews and
updates the care plan accordingly.
- Assesses residents/clients upon admission and periodically as
- Performs rounds to evaluate patient condition.
- Provides direct patient care when indicated.
- Obtains and implements Physician Orders, checking for accuracy
- Communicates effectively with the client/resident, family and
interdisciplinary team and ensures staff members communicate
effectively as well. Delivers education and instruction to
residents, clients, families and caregivers when needed.
- Communicates between shifts regarding changes in
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for clients/residents,
staff and visitors.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary
- Maintains the highest level of customer service within the area
- Provides clinical assessment to MD/NPs on call for quality
outcomes delivered to patients. Management and Employee
- Provides daily leadership, direction and prioritization to
personnel in accordance with Lorettos policies, procedures, goals
- Plans, implements and evaluates the clinical competencies and
on-going educational/orientation needs of the staff. Updates
orientation or training materials as needed. Shares current
knowledge and up-to-date clinical expertise with staff through
formal and informal education. Takes responsibility for own
education and stays clinically current. Budget:
- Develops and monitors the department staffing pattern to meet
the needs of the patients, within budget parameters.
- Checks staff overtime and shifts/hours worked. Compliance:
- Enforces the bargaining unit contract fairly and consistently.
Addresses issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensures all annual and re-orientation requirements for nursing
staff are met.
- Ensures all regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to
by nursing staff and self.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with third party agencies.
- Supervises the processes that facilitate the thorough and
accurate completion of required documentation. Examples include but
are not limited to: skin//wound reports, ADLs, weights,
nourishment, monthly MAR/TAR checks, Admissions, Discharges,
incident reports, investigations, audits, PRIs. Quality:
- Monitors adherence to the patient care standards through
QAPI/QA processes, taking remedial action when needed.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Initiatives. Collects and
provides data as required. Job duties as a Manager:
- As a Manager, this position is responsible for the ongoing
operations and routine decision making within the function,
department or site. Emphasis is on executing strategy and tactics.
May provide input on strategic matters.
- Interprets and applies organization policy, ensuring all
activities are in compliance.
- Delegates, organizes and coordinates the daily operations of
departments within the function, department or site.
- Promotes and encourages teamwork among employees and
supervisors, and between departments. Communicates ideas and goals
clearly and is an effective listener. Ensures that information is
effectively communicated and shared throughout the department and
organization. Provides and encourages effective coaching. Promotes
a positive environment of constructive feedback.
- Uses effective communication skills, such as, active listening,
unbiased and nonjudgmental language, and open communication style
with all staff.
- Uses effective communication and critical thinking skills
during conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, and
other complex dialogues.
- Keeps current in his/her area of specialization and in emerging
and best practices.
- Fosters process improvements for greater operating efficiency
and resident/customer service. Ensures optimal workflow and
- Actively leads or participates in meetings, teams and task
forces as requested.
- Ensures adequate skills, training and development among
- Manages and supervises assigned personnel, including
performance management, scheduling, and orientation. With the
Director and Human Resources guidance, makes or approves
recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary
changes, disciplinary actions, terminations and similar actions. In
conjunction with HR, resolves grievances and other personnel
problems in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- May have input to or recommendations for operating budgets.
- At least 3 years experience in nursing preferably with 1-2
years in an acute/long term care setting.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in
related field preferred.
- Current New York State RN license and registration in good
- Proven patient assessment skills.
- Adheres to best practice nursing care.
- Ability to supervise and guide staff while carrying out the
duties of an RN.
- Proficient in the care planning process.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to communicate
effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse
backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy
- Ability and knowledge to respond in emergency situations.
- Ability to analyze problems, plan resolution strategies,
implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Proficient in computer programs and able to learn new software
- Excellent medical, dental, prescription and vision
- Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Retirement/Pension Plans
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Loretto Health Clinic Visits
- Generous Paid Time-Off Accrual
- Fun events for employees
- Convenient locations with free parking
- Employee Coaches - to help you achieve life goals
- Diaper Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career growth and movement within 19 sites!
Connect With Us!
ID2023-43371Category (Portal Searching)RN/LPNLocation : Address3
St. Anthony StreetJob Location - Site : CityAuburnJob Location -
Site : State/ProvinceNYLocation : Postal Code13021Type (Portal
Keywords: Loretto Management Corporation, Syracuse , Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Per Diem - The Commons in Auburn, Healthcare , Auburn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!