Company: The Guthrie Clinic
Location: Painted Post
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Administer treatment and perform Respiratory Therapy modalities
throughout multiple healthcare settings. This includes the
Intensive care unit and Emergency room. To be knowledgeable and
competent using mechanical ventilation and artificial airway. Take
charge responsibility and act as the Physicians assistant for
intubation. To assist during Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Treat
and manage mechanical ventilated patients of all age groups.
Demonstrate knowledge or principles of growth and development. Work
as a team player. Must prioritize job duties in a safe and timely
manner. May be required to work Holidays, weekends, or shifts other
than normally scheduled hour's, as necessary.
Education, License & Cert:
An Associate's Degree in Applied Science in Respiratory Care
Must possess a current License to practice as a Certified
Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist IN New
York State recognized by the National Board of Respiratory Care
2 years prior experience performing duties specifically in a
critical care setting is required. Making rapid clinically sound
decisions independently, efficiently, and effectively. Compliant in
Ethical and legal standards of care. Registered Respiratory
Therapist preferred. Certified Respiratory Therapist (must obtain
Registry within 6 Months of hire) Maintains professionalism within
the organizations internal and external customers.
1. Ability to multitask and prioritize work in accordance with
change in patient acuity. Including patient workload. Always
Demonstrating respect and professionalism.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the following areas
commonly encountered in the care of patients with respiratory
3. Thoroughly reviews the Medical Record to obtain pertinent
clinical information. Evaluates data, assesses patient objectively
and subjectively and recommends diagnostic testing and therapies
4. Implements and/or administers all prescribed testing, therapies
and/or protocols appropriately in compliance with established
standards, while ensuring all pertinent patient/family education
has been provided.
5. Determines appropriateness of and participates in recommending
modifications to respiratory care treatment plans through dialogue
and discussion with other healthcare providers, to include
6. Consistently provides accurate, thorough documentation in the
Medical Record as identified per departmental, organizational, and
regulatory agency requirements.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the following areas
relative to Respiratory Care.
8. Attend department meetings and actively engage.
9. Maintain yearly competencies both Departmental and legal.
10. Collaborates with the Respiratory team, Physicians, and Nursing
to provide the best patient care.
1. Clean, maintain and document all Respiratory Equipment.
2. Participation in employee skills labs or competencies are
3. Annual Physical and fit testing required.
4. Email daily RT equipment update.
5. NRP (within 6 Months of Hire)
6. S.T.A.B.L.E. (Within 1 year of Hire)
7. ACLS Current
8. Supports Corning Hospital's Customer Service initiatives.
9. Utilizes time to departments and organizations best advantage:
a) Consistently maximizes productivity and efficiency in the
day-to-day performance of job responsibilities. b) Consistently
strives to meet assigned deadlines. c) Consistently exhibits
initiative in and accepts personal responsibility for performance
of job requirements; regularly assists co-workers, as necessary. d)
Consistently demonstrates sound judgment, the ability to assess
situations, prioritize, consider alternatives, and select
appropriate course of action; consults appropriate established
resources, as necessary.
10. Fully supports and utilizes the organization's Performance
Improvement process: a) Participates in established activities as
assigned. b) Identifies opportunities for improvement. c) Assists
in working towards resolution.
11. Exhibit's sound work ethic regarding the following: a)
Consistently reports to work at start of scheduled shift and
returns promptly after assigned break. b) Consistently remains
until the end of scheduled shift as necessary to ensure quality
patient care is provided. c) Exhibits willingness to modify
scheduled work hours, as necessary.
12. It is understood that this description is not intended to be
all-inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in
the performance of this position.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition
of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of
Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to
serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes
and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing
physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and
Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500
physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47
specialties through a regional office network providing primary and
specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education
Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery
Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and
Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a
clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of
Keywords: The Guthrie Clinic, Syracuse , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Painted Post, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!