Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Therapy - Full Time - $15,000 Sign On
Company: The Guthrie Clinic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Position Summary Administer treatment and perform Respiratory
Therapy modalities throughout multiple healthcare settings. This
includes the Intensive care unit and Emergency room. To be
knowledgeable and competent using mechanical ventilation and
artificial airway. Take charge responsibility and act as the
Physicians assistant for intubation. To assist during
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Treat and manage mechanical
ventilated patients of all age groups. Demonstrate knowledge or
principles of growth and development. Work as a team player. Must
prioritize job duties in a safe and timely manner. May be required
to work Holidays, weekends, or shifts other than normally scheduled
hour's, as necessary.
Education, License, & Cert An Associate's Degree in Applied Science
in Respiratory Care (Therapy) Must possess a current License to
practice as a Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered
Respiratory Therapist IN New York State recognized by the National
Board of Respiratory Care
Experience 2 years prior experience performing duties specifically
in a critical care setting is required. Making rapid clinically
sound decisions independently, efficiently, and effectively.
Compliant in Ethical and legal standards of care. Registered
Respiratory Therapist preferred. Certified Respiratory Therapist
(must obtain Registry within 6 Months of hire) Maintains
professionalism within the organizations internal and external
1. Ability to multitask and prioritize work in accordance with
change in patient acuity. Including patient workload. Always
Demonstrating respect and professionalism.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the following areas
commonly encountered in the care of patients with respiratory
3. Thoroughly reviews the Medical Record to obtain pertinent
clinical information. Evaluates data, assesses patient objectively
and subjectively and recommends diagnostic testing and therapies
4. Implements and/or administers all prescribed testing, therapies
and/or protocols appropriately in compliance with established
standards, while ensuring all pertinent patient/family education
has been provided.
5. Determines appropriateness of and participates in recommending
modifications to respiratory care treatment plans through dialogue
and discussion with other healthcare providers, to include
6. Consistently provides accurate, thorough documentation in the
Medical Record as identified per departmental, organizational, and
regulatory agency requirements. 7. Demonstrates knowledge and
competence in the following areas relative to Respiratory Care.
8. Attend department meetings and actively engage.
9. Maintain yearly competencies both Departmental and legal.
10. Collaborates with the Respiratory team, Physicians, and Nursing
to provide the best patient care.
1. Clean, maintain and document all Respiratory Equipment.
2. Participation in employee skills labs or competencies are
3. Annual Physical and fit testing required.
4. Email daily RT equipment update.
5. NRP (within 6 Months of Hire)
6. S.T.A.B.L.E. (Within 1 year of Hire)
7. ACLS Current
8. Supports Corning Hospital's Customer Service initiatives.
9. Utilizes time to departments and organizations best
- - - - a) Consistently maximizes productivity and efficiency in
the day-to-day performance of job responsibilities.
- - - - b) Consistently strives to meet assigned deadlines.
- - - - c) Consistently exhibits initiative in and accepts personal
responsibility for performance of job requirements; regularly
assists co-workers, as necessary.
- - - - d) Consistently demonstrates sound judgment, the ability to
assess situations, prioritize, consider alternatives, and select
appropriate course of action; consults appropriate established
resources, as necessary.
10. Fully supports and utilizes the organization's Performance
- - -a) Participates in established activities as assigned.
- - -b) Identifies opportunities for improvement.
- - -c) Assists in working towards resolution.
11. Exhibit's sound work ethic regarding the following:
- - -a) Consistently reports to work at start of scheduled shift
and returns promptly after assigned break.
- - -b) Consistently remains until the end of scheduled shift as
necessary to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- - -c) Exhibits willingness to modify scheduled work hours, as
12. It is understood that this description is not intended to be
all-inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in
the performance of this position.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition
of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of
Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to
serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes
and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing
physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and
Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500
physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47
specialties through a regional office network providing primary and
specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education
Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery
Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and
Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a
clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of
Keywords: The Guthrie Clinic, Syracuse , Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Therapy - Full Time - $15,000 Sign On, Healthcare , Elmira, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!