Company: Oneida Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN in the Practice Setting is responsible
for working collaboratively with other members of the clinical team
in providing primary care to patients including assessment,
treatment, care planning and medical care evaluation to assure
safe, efficient and exceptional patient care. POSITION SPECIFIC
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: 1. Facilitates and executes physician orders
in conjunction with patient needs and insurance requirements,
scheduling exams and tests as appropriate and preparing necessary
prescriptions and/or instructions for use by other allied health
professionals in a timely manner.
2. Coordinates and schedules referrals/surgeries with other
physician specialists as well as Imaging and other medical tests.
Ensures appropriate follow-up is arranged for patients. Prepares
and sends referrals with CCD and asks patients about self
3. Rooms patients, obtains and documents chief compliant, vital
signs, height, weight, and allergies. Records/reconciles
medications including OTC drugs. Records smoking status. Assesses
each patient for efficacy of medications, barriers to medication
adherence and barriers to meeting treatment goals.
4. Reviews immunization status.
5. Identifies Team patients with ED or Hospital admission, obtains
discharge summary and contacts patients for follow up care.
6. Generates gap lists and calls patients to schedule appointments
for Team Patients
7. Inputs recalls for needed services for Team Patients.
8. Provides clinical advice over phone or messaging per standards
and documents clinical advice in the medical record.
9. Liaison with after -hours care and ensuring not in chart and
patients have follow up as needed.
10. Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards
of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
11. Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment
patient response. Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice
to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community
prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and
families about health
status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic
12. Attends to needs of patients and visitors. Reassures patients
and answer questions as necessary. Creates, updates and develops
process to educate patients. Provides patient education and
self-management tools. Provides information to patients on
medications and collaborates with patient for treatment goals.
13. Assures patients are seen in an orderly and fair manner, and
that delays and waiting times are communicated to other members of
the team as well as patients. Performs pre-visit planning Acutely
ill patients are given priority at all times.
14. Maintains medical record including ensuring all related
reports, labs and information is filed/scanned and available in
patients' medical records prior to their appointment Assists with
coordinating care by tracking overdue labs and imaging, flags
abnormal results to the attention of the MD, notifies patients of
normal and abnormal test results, under the direction of the
physician and follows up on Newborn Screens.
15. Completes routine equipment checks and stocks supplies in all
exam and treatment rooms. Places orders as necessary from Central
Supply and Pharmacy. Participates in routinely exam room
16. Instructs patient or members of patient's family in regard to
patient's diet, health habits, the carrying out of treatments at
home pre and postoperative care and rehabilitative measures as
authorized by the physician.
17. Performs related inservices for patients in the prevention of
illness and the attainment of maximum health. Maintains Resource
list and participates in community health and education
18. Makes contacts with appropriate social services or health
agencies as necessary to assure patient needed services or
19. Provides training for clinical staff.
20. When necessary, acts as receptionist, performs secretarial
duties, and discusses insurance claims with insurance companies in
an effort pre-certify and/or meet pre-authorization
21. In the event of an anaphylactic reaction or Code Blue is able
to assist provider (MD PA, or NP) with resuscitation and CPR if
needed. Ensures Code procedure is followed and documented
22. Participates actively in quality improvement activities at
23. Participates actively in quality improvement activities at
24. Attends and participates in daily huddles and monthly Clinical
25. Attends Practice staff meetings.
26. Communicates effectively throughout the day with other Team
members to ensure smooth workflow and to coordinate activities so
patient needs are met.
#OHHP QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Active New York State Registered
Nurse License Experience: Clinical experience in allergy preferred,
Must perform highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent
knowledge to variety of situations, and exercise independent
judgment Licensure: NYS Registered Nurse License, CPR certification
Keywords: Oneida Health, Syracuse , ENT RN, Healthcare , Oneida, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!