Registered Nurse - Med Surg Urology/Colorectal Unit 3-1
Company: St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* Rotating Shift
*Description:* Now is the time to join our exception team known for
quality care and excellent outcomes. This exciting career offers a
strong orientation program and opportunities for continued
education and growth. Earn up to $10,000 in recruitment and
retention incentives being offered for qualified RN's. Flexible
scheduling and shifts. This team is dedicated to patient care and
each other. If your passion is nursing, you'll love working with
us!**Unit 3-1** is a 32 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit. Our
specialties include urology, colon-rectal surgery, general surgery
and renal disease including peritoneal dialysis at the bedside.
Specialized training includes CORE EKG and PD classes. We
incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to
meet the needs of the patient population.
* Recognized Leader: First Magnet Designated Hospital in Syracuse,
highlighting our professional nursing staff.
* Only local hospital to receive a Leapfrog A for safety.
* Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open-door guiding
principle gives all our nurses a voice.
* Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the hospitalist
* Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition
* Work/Life: Patterned, predictive scheduling options to balance
your work/life and school calendars.
* We encourage job share opportunities to enhance satisfaction and
*What you will do:*
* Therapeutic med/surg nursing interventions and hands on skills
including class 1 tele, vent care, tube feeds, dressing changes and
more. Patient education, goal setting, critical thinking, and care
* Care for and provide treatment modalities.
* Collaborative team approach: SNAP rounding daily with
interdisciplinary team of hospitalist physicians, clinical
affiliates, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab
services, spiritual care, and pharmacy.
* Participate in precepting and mentoring students and new
* Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
* Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the
care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of
direct care of patients and families.
*Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:*
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current
licensure in the State of New York.
* Minimum of 1-year nursing experience. *GN's or RN's with
Keywords: St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse , Registered Nurse - Med Surg Urology/Colorectal Unit 3-1, Healthcare , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!