Registered Nurse - Southern Tier
Company: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES
Location: Penn Yan
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:HIGHLIGHTS: NO Vaccination Requirement, No On-Call,
Monday - Friday business hours, Utilize your RN clinical knowledge
with this hands off nursing position!Education Requirement:
Associates Degree with 10 years of experience OR BSN with 2 years
experiencePosition Summary:As part of the clinical team, the
Registered Nurse assists Care Coordinators, Supervisors and
Managers with providing health promotion activities, referrals,
assessments, and valuable expertise around the combination of
behavioral health and physical health diagnoses to improve the
lives of the individuals we serve. This position commits to a
respectful, just, and supportive environment for individuals and
coworkers aligning with the company's commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion.Why Work for Person Centered Services?When
you join the Person Centered Services team, you can make a
difference in the lives of people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities, while also reaching your own career
- $1,000 HIRING BONUS!
- 20 Days of paid time off (PTO) in your first year! Increasing
to 25 Days in your second year!
- Comprehensive health insurance plans for you to choose what
best fits your needs (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) - the Company matches 50% of the first 6% up to a
maximum of 3%
- Company paid benefits: basic life insurance and long-term
- Employee Discount and Wellness Programs ( 3 Paid hours per week
to exercise in the summer!)
- Professional development opportunities including mentorship
program options and ongoing coachingPosition Responsibilities:
- Construct/implement guidance, standard operating procedures,
- Assist with crisis intervention and incident management.
- Facilitate collaborative/consultative relationships with I/DD
agencies and community partners.
- Operate in a trauma-informed manner.
- Interact with people with developmental disabilities and their
families on a regular basis.
- Provide monitoring of physical health information.
- Serve as a consultant in situations where medical expertise is
- Develop creative and effective interventions to assist with
supporting people receiving Care Coordination services.
- Conduct assessments and assist in developing Life Plans as
needed and appropriate.
- Conduct clinical reviews for individual specific needs or
overall program trends and outcomes.
- Conduct home visits for assessment and planning for individuals
and families with complex health needs.
- Participate in case conferences with clinical providers of
treatment to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide health literacy resources and training for staff.
- Assist Care Coordinators with the interpretation of assessments
and screening tools, recommend additional screening or assessment
when appropriate, and facilitate access to preventative health
- Decide interventions following the nursing process.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team for people with
complex needs receiving Care Coordination services.
- Commits to a respectful, just, and supportive environment for
individuals and coworkers aligning with the company's commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide discharge planning assistance to Care Coordinators, and
attend discharge conferences when appropriate, to support the Care
Coordinator and family and ensure the plan is in the best interest
of the individual.
- Under the supervision of the director, monitor quality of care
outcomes that contribute to overall team performance in achieving
desired clinical and operational performance measures.
- Provide education/guidance relevant to medical issues/diagnoses
of the people we serve.
- Serve as a liaison between care coordinators and medical
providers, Office of People with Intellectual/Developmental
Disabilities, hospitals, nursing facilities, etc.
- Assist with reconciling medication issues, discharge plans,
referrals to specialists, and other health related tasks.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.. Requirements:Position
- BSN with 2+ years serving at risk populations, or Associates
degree with 10 years nursing experience, required.
- At least 2 years of experience working with people with
intellectual/developmental disabilities required.
- Familiarity with person-first, person-centered planning
concepts, preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities, chronic disease and
social determinants of health
- Ability to engage people with Intellectual/Developmental
- Ability to speak and convey medical information to groups of
- Knowledge of person-centered planning regulations
- Ability to build relationships and effectively communicate
- Demonstrates cultural competence
- Demonstrates ethical and professional responsibilities and
- Demonstrates capacity to use Health Information Technology to
- Strong computer literacy
- Knowledge of confidentiality regulations/HIPPA
- Ability to prioritize and complete work in timely manner
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide guidance in a clear, concise manner
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Proactively approaches professional responsibilities
- Demonstrated comfort level engaging with people with
- Familiarity with person-first, person-centered planning
conceptsWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES, Syracuse , Registered Nurse - Southern Tier, Healthcare , Penn Yan, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!