Pharmacy Tech II (Cert)
Company: Finger Lakes Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- POSITION SUMMARY:
- Working under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy
Tech II performs the technical and manual tasks involved with
receiving, storing, preparing, repackaging and distribution of
medications and supplies. Assists the pharmacist with other duties
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the preparation of
medication doses for delivery to patient areas. Prepares
medications for: Filling orders, Refill lists, Floor stock
requisitions, and automated dispensing cabinets. Delivers
medications to patient area by appropriate means. Uses available
technology to promote safety and well being of customers
- Responsible for the repackaging of drug products, including the
maintenance of kits or other special packaging. Adheres to labeling
and documentation requirements prescribed by regulations.
- Places orders into inventory upon receipt, ensuring proper
control at all times. Inspects all medication storage areas per
policy with 100% completion each month. Requests replacement stock
in quantities reasonable for patient care, using the want book.
Rotates inventory to reduce waste.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment by keeping areas
neat and clean. Performs monthly inspections of Pharmacy areas.
Places inventory into proper locations using available technology
and knowledge of safe medication practices.
- Responsible for performing billing of patient drug charges and
credits. Charges all floor stock items at the time of fill.
Processes errant charges and credits in a timely manner.
Participates in performance improvement functions. Ensures that all
confidential materials are handled in an appropriate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course and/or related college
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification, or attainment within
a maximum of 12 months of hire.
- Experience in a pharmacy or other healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team to
complete work with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with
discretion and ability to deal with the people in a professional
and courteous manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and
enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization
- Computer literacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and electronic
Location: Finger Lakes Health - Pharmacy
Schedule: Full Time, Day/Evening
Keywords: Finger Lakes Health, Syracuse , Pharmacy Tech II (Cert), Healthcare , Geneva, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!