Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DetailsReq Id - - - -63222 -Department - - - -NURSING
ADMINISTRATION -Shift - -DaysShift Hours Worked - - - -7.50 -FTE -
- - -0.8 -Work Schedule - - - -GENERAL BENEFITS HIRED AFTER 8/25/08
-Employee Status - - - -A2 - Regular 60 Hours -Union -Non-UnionJob
SummaryAssesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care
of residents within the skilled nursing setting. Responsible for
ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by
providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by
CNA's, LPN's and supportive staff members. Participates in resident
and family teaching/conferences. Maintains role as resident
advocate with a focus on the facility's missionCore Job
- Assesses residents on admission, readmission as well as when
condition changes. Documents appropriately including medical
- Demonstrates ability to identify and interpret clinical changes
as they relate to medical diagnosis.
- Notifies physician of changes in resident's condition and
follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift and participates in
- Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management
techniques. Educates the resident and family regarding pain
- Assesses the resident's condition and nursing needs; sets
goals; prescribes appropriate nursing action.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that
optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors. Supervises nursing staff to promote
- Submits written documentation in timely, clear, concise and
pertinent manner.Exceeds: Identifies and resolves areas for poor
documentation solutions are sustained.
- Notes and carries out physician's orders in a timely
manner.Exceeds:No transcription errors in a 12-month period.
- Reports any resident, personnel or administrative problem to
Director of Nurses or appropriate Department Head and assists in
the resolution of problem.
- Follows through, as needed, on information given by shift
report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implements plan of care for the resident based on assessments
and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care
team.Education/Experience RequirementsRequired: -Two years
experience in a medical/surgical or nursing home. - -One year
experience in a supervisory capacity. -Licensure/Certification
RequirementsRequired: -Registered Nurse licensure in NYS/BSN or
related degree -EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityQualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to their age,
race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.Successful
candidates might be required to undergo a background verification
with an external vendor.
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Syracuse , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Madison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!