Hospice Residence Evening Aide (HHA)
Company: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Hospicare and Palliative Care Services of Cortland and Tompkins
Counties is hiring Certified HHA positions to provide
compassionate, skilled care to patients in our hospice residence
and in the community. We've increased our starting pay to $17.25
per hour, plus differential pay for nights, evening and weekend
shifts. We offer very generous benefits such as 100% coverage of
health care (including family coverage), retirement match up to 4%,
and tuition reimbursement for continuing education!Our Hospice
Residence facility on South Hill in Ithaca is a beautiful space
where residents and staff have views of our pond and landscaped
grounds, where every shift has an RN and HHA team serving no more
than 6 patients at a time, and where volunteers bring food and
companionship to residents and their families. At Hospicare, we
believe that our patients and their families matter, and that our
work is incredibly life-affirming, filling the hearts of our staff
with the personal connection with each patient and the knowledge
that all of us can live with dignity and care.We know there are
many health care organizations hiring for positions, and we are
committed to being the very best place to work in our region. Our
goal is to respond to each applicant within one business day.
Hospicare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion, or
any other protected characteristic and we encourage applicants from
marginalized communities to apply.The HHA's primary responsibility
is providing direct personal care to patients. This position
reports to the Residence Team Lead.This position is scheduled for
32 hours per week, during the evening shift, 3pm-11pm. Every other
weekend is required.
- Follows plan of care established by primary nurse.
- Reports changes in patient's condition to the on-duty Residence
Nurse or patient's Primary Nurse as appropriate.
- Keeps an up-to-date record of care given to be submitted for
incorporation into the patient's records.
- Performs procedures, taught by supervising staff within the
scope of their certification.
- Helps patient in performing exercises prescribed by
- Maintains safe conditions in the Residence and reports any
unsafe conditions to Residential Nurse.
- Bathes patient and provides personal hygiene care.
- Makes bed and performs other tasks to provide a suitable
environment for patients.
- Prepares meals and feeds patient when necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping tasks essential for a safe/healthy
- Provides temporary respite for family care-givers during
assigned work time.
- Attends required in-service programs.
- Attends team planning meetings as appropriate.
- Has a basic understanding and commitment to the hospice concept
- Able to work as a team member and take supervision
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning
patient and family information.
- Able to relate well to terminally ill patients and their
- Able to work with diverse groups of people.
- Maintains patient and caregiver confidentiality.
- Has a Home Health Aide (HHA) Certificate in NYS.
- Has two (2) years experience in home care or as a CNA.
- Has experience in hospice. (preferred)PI177341813
Keywords: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services, Syracuse , Hospice Residence Evening Aide (HHA), Healthcare , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!