Licensed Practical Nurse - Patient Care Center Westside Family Health (Full Time)
Company: St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Description:
- JOB SUMMARY: Implement, support, and maintain the mission of
St. Joseph's Physicians: To deliver quality, accessible healthcare
with compassion and service excellence. A Licensed Practical Nurse
is a licensed health care provider who provides nursing care under
the direction of an RN, physician, or other authorized health care
provider.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the understanding and implementation of all
nursing procedures, manuals, office polices and protocols.
- Possess knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures,
and insurance requirements.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of patient
- Responsible for accurately and legibly documenting information
within patient medical records on the EMR, as well as paper
- Conduct pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient
charts prior to appointment review recent test results and
correspondence and anticipate necessary services per practice and
- Confer with physician regarding any incomplete patient tests/
consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient visit.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by escorting
them from the waiting area to the exam room, taking histories,
- Observe, measure, record, and report indications of patient
- Demonstrate competency in medication and immunization
administration, including knowledge of possible contraindication,
in accordance with New York state nursing scope of practice.
- Provide timely communication with patients, make inquiries,
execute follow-up tasks, and help to integrate information into
- Assist with scheduling tests and treatment, precertify patient
for hospital care and/ or procedures, and process referrals to
- Ability to interpret clinical information and apply guidelines
and procedures, per New York state nursing scope of practice.
- Assist providers and RNs with treatments, medications, and
procedures within scope of practice.
- Prepare, clean, and maintain exam room, treatment room,
clinical supplies, and equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and neat environment.
- Responsible for successful and timely completion of work.
- Readily assists others upon completion of assigned duties.
- Demonstrate ability to manage priorities and balance workload.
- Demonstrate competency in computer data entry.
- Arrive in the designated work area at the assigned time in
appropriate attire prepared to work.
- Demonstrate adaptability and accept change in a positive
- Responsible for keeping up to date on corporate communications
such as email and internal network such as the Pulse, SJEN, etc.
- Cooperate and help the organization meet its clinical goals.
- Understand and adheres to all departmental policies and
- Participate in population management activities as directed by
- Understand and adheres to all departmental policies and
- Responsible for completing and maintain all required training
relative to job function.
- Exemplify a strong adherence to the professional code of
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude and demonstrate
a supportive and understanding behavior when in contact with
patients, providers, employees, and patients.
- Follow all policies and procedures mandated by St. Joseph's
Physicians and governing bodies regarding HIPAA and OSHA.
- Abide by the policies and procedures set forth in the St.
Joseph's Physicians employee handbook, as well as department
policies and procedures.
- Perform duties and assist providers as part of the practice
care team. Take part in daily team huddles and/or other periodic
team meetings to facilitate communications and enhance positive
patient experiences and quality delivery of care.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives as part of the
practice care team.
- Insure job functions align with office policies and procedures
and patient-centered medical home standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or
requested.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Respectful, clear communication
- Proper charting, documentation, and maintenance of patient's
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities
- Maintain high degree of discretion when dealing with
- Detail oriented
- Provide quality, patient-centered careEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing
- Licensed by the NY State Office of Professions
- BLS certification
- Completion of an infection control coursePHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Light work - standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting,
squatting, and reaching. Some lifting required.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND
- Category I - Duties performed routinely requires exposure to
blood, body fluid and tissueTrinity Health's Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs about 133,000
colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in
22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's dedication to
diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and
education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse , Licensed Practical Nurse - Patient Care Center Westside Family Health (Full Time), Healthcare , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!