Chief Operating Officer
Company: The Marrone Law Firm, P.C.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Chief Operating OfficerThe Marrone Law Firm, P.C.
Overview: You are a well-organized, strategic, and detail-oriented
COO helping to grow and lead a boutique law firm in Central New
Our Company & Values:
The Marrone Law Firm, P.C., is a strategically-growing,
multi-office boutique law firm in Central New York specializing in
the areas of Elder Law, Trusts and Estates, and Guardianships. We
help clients plan for the future and protect their families. We are
a high-energy and community-oriented firm, focused on serving a
growing clientele who have sensitive and timely needs.
All of our employees should share our commitment to these core
- Build the tribe---. You care most about doing good things for
- Improve the ecosystem---. You are someone who sees the big
picture and seeks ways to improve our business, our processes, and
- Deliver value first; seek profit second---. You care about
delivering value in the work you do, but make sure you do so in a
- Learn and teach---. You are a curious learner who wants to know
how things work and what's coming next.
- Do great work that supports a great life---. You find ways to
pursue personal goals and passions while achieving your goals at
Your Roles & Responsibilities:
You have the desire, skills, and experience needed to lead the
following activities, all of which require a high-level attention
to detail, organization, and systems-thinking:
Operations Management (50%)---: Serve as director of operations and
supervise all personnel.
- Regularly evaluate all staff functions to assure efficient
operations and expense management
- Align professional staff functions and manage cross-functional
projects to accomplish the Firm's business objectives
- Foster the Firm's collegial, collaborative, and inclusive
culture to expand camaraderie and respect between staff and
- Hire, train, develop, and mentor strong, responsive
- Motivate professional staff to perform at the same standard of
excellence as we expect our attorneys to perform
- Manage and oversee the accounting and finances of the Firm
Marketing (30%)---: Serve as supervisor on marketing team,
identifying new opportunities and managing marketing
- Identify new opportunities for marketing both in traditional
media and in digital media
- Amplify the Firm's presence in the community through
participation in professional and industry groups
Strategy/Key Performance Indicators Management (15%)---: Work
closely with the CEO to determine strategy, set and measure
- Advise Firm leadership on operational issues and business
- Serve as an integral part of the Firm's leadership, interacting
regularly and collaboratively with and ensuring appropriate
administrative support to the Firm's attorneys
Human Resources/IT Management (5%)---: Provide assistance and
support with all HR/IT functions.
- Provide Human Resources support and communicate with all of the
Firm's fringe benefit providers to maximize the effectiveness of
these programs for staff
- Supervise all IT issues, including selection of vendors and
procurement of new technologies
The Chief Operating Officer works most closely with and reports to
the CEO, but will work regularly with all team members.
Your Skills, Passions, and Personality:
Your primary skills include being detail and process oriented, good
at prioritizing, and always seeking to improve or optimize things.
You also have strong relationship-building, customer service, and
professional communication skills.
You are passionate about helping to build a well-run company that
is focused on improving the lives of individuals and families in
Central New York.
You possess a Bachelor's degree, with a preference for an MBA or
equivalent and have at least five (5) years of demonstrated success
in general management, ideally in a law firm setting. You have
experience leading, planning, and managing in a client-oriented
setting. You also have experience leading and developing a team of
professionals to consistently meet priorities and goals.
Job Opportunity Details:
This will be a full-time position based in our Syracuse office,
with opportunity for professional development and career
We offer competitive salaries, benefits (profit-sharing and
retirement matching, health and dental insurance), generous
vacation packages, and a great team of people you can be proud to
work with every day.
- Email your resume and cover letter to ---.
- Posting closes November 30, 2019.
- We will conduct screening and interviews throughout
Keywords: The Marrone Law Firm, P.C., Syracuse , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!