Project Manager ( Energy / Building Systems focus)
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: July 12, 2019
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to
creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of
January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a
highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and
represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have
come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North
American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices.
Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary
solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering,
project delivery, and design-build services
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and
problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating
comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a
OBG is currently searching for a Project Manager who has
demonstrated the ability to manage energy, utility and
infrastructure-based projects across the industrial, municipal,
higher education and health care client sectors for both private
and public-sector clients. This position will support OBG's
engineering, construction and design/build projects.
* Execute projects with employee and contractor safety as the
number one priority.
* Organize and direct multi-discipline project teams in the
execution of energy, utility, power reliability, central utility
and infrastructure-based projects.
* Maintain ownership and take responsibility for quality control on
all engineering, construction and design/build projects.
* Coordinate with legal team to write, review, and administer
contracts and manage risk.
* Manage external consultants and contractors.
* Develop and maintain client relationships and develop sales
* Organize and prepare proposals including the management of the
proposal effort, execution strategy, and sales theme.
* Identify and market business opportunities.
* Develop project execution strategy and manage project activities
related to scope, schedule and budget.
* Provide oversight and project support to internal OBG, client,
and project management standards.
* Organize and participate in regularly scheduled project progress
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* B.S. Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and a minimum of
8+years of relevant experience, which demonstrates project
management of energy, utility, power reliability, central utility,
or infrastructure-based projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of project life-cycle delivery, from
proposal development, through design, estimating, bid phase,
contracts and construction, commissioning, and closeout
* Ability to understand and track the financial standing and
progress of projects under their supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
* 30hr OSHA Construction Safety Certification preferred.
* Travel is required to client locations for project coordination,
sales, and project oversight.
* Travel expectations 10%
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment
is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable
accommodation with the application or the interview process, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Syracuse , Project Manager ( Energy / Building Systems focus), Executive , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!