Product Engineering Manager - Electrical
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
About the company:
Major established brand name company that is highly rated and has a
good working culture and track record of success, innovation, and
growth has an opportunity for a Product Engineering Manager -
Electrical at their headquarters located in the lower portion of
upstate NY. The company looks for people who are innovative and
enjoy the thrill of making things happen.
About the position:
The company is looking for a Product Engineering Manager to lead
our Product Electrical Engineers and Technicians. In this role you
- Provide technical and administrative guidance and direction for
individuals and projects within the Product Engineering
- Manage employee performance (mentor, coach, train, and develop)
through clear objective setting and timely, constructive, and
candid performance management.
- Establish and lead engineering projects with cross-functional
teams to meet business objectives.
- Act as technical Project Manager for major programs or
significant portions thereof.
- Provide technical guidance and support for Product Engineering
and other groups as required. Ensure sound application of
scientific and engineering principles.
- Establish schedules for the group's activities, monitor to
ensure schedules are met, and drive projects to
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate
and division vision.
- Provide input to department manager on strategic direction for
Product Engineering activities.
- Establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for the group
in support of Company vision and overall PE departmental
- Develop workforce planning and utilization
- Coordinate activities between the multiple engineering groups
and other groups as appropriate to accomplish objectives.
- Resolve or assist employees in solving work-related
- Travel to customers, supplier, other divisions, and technical
conferences are required.
- Develop and effectively manage budgets and corporate
- Effectively create and conduct presentations to all levels of
the organization. Works with direct reports to coach and develop
their presentation skills.
- Partner with other TMHG teams, dealers, and customers to
effectively define and execute engineering and project
- Monitor and ensure adherence to department and Company
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable
- 5+ years of experience in electrical, electronic, or product
- Ability to problem solve in a timely fashion using proven
methods and TPS principles.
- Possess strong computer skills and ability to effectively
create and use visual management tools such as graphs, charts, A3s,
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to
promote an environment of collaboration and trust.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous management, supervisory, or leadership experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $93,000 and $120,000 depending on
the selected candidate's background and profit sharing which has
been averaging about 7% for a number of years.
Benefits - The company recognizes the value of a comprehensive
benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure
our package meets the needs of our employees and their families.
Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Position requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or
other applicable engineering field, plus at least 5 years of
experience in electrical, electronic, or product engineering
design. Previous management, supervisory, or leadership experience
is strongly preferred. Candidates with H1B visas will be considered
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Syracuse , Product Engineering Manager - Electrical, Executive , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!