Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
About the company:
Major, global and established company with a good working culture
that empowers their employees to do great work and is a company
with many years of success, innovation and growth. Their associates
are the foundation of our continued success. They are looking for
people who are innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things
About the position:
This opportunity is for a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager
to lead several manufacturing teams in 2 locations with the largest
being located in the southern portion of upstate NY. In upstate NY
is where the position will be based. Each of these teams is
responsible for the processes and equipment that manufactures
state-of-the-art complex equipment. In this role, you will:
- Participate directly in setting both strategic and tactical
direction for company manufacturing, ensuring that the team
structure aligns with those strategic and technical goals.
- Mentor associate companies on best industrial engineering
- Foster collaboration with stakeholder groups.
- Utilize Toyota Production System (TPS) philosophies and execute
Manufacturing Engineering and Operations plans, including the most
efficient use of staffing, budgets, capital, and
- Leverage prior experience to advance innovation and
improvement, developing future plans for manufacturing and facility
use that align with the company's strategic direction.
- Identify and implement market trends in automated
- Motivate, mentor, and grow the teams to be ready for the future
of advanced manufacturing and plant maintenance, including the use
of IoT solutions.
- Create sound, documented work processes that eliminate waste
and optimize use of talent.
- Manage the development of Manufacturing 4.0.
- Drive predictive maintenance analytics and the continuous
progress toward high utilization of plant capital.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable Engineering field is
- 12+ years of related Engineering experience, with emphasis in
industrial, production, or mechanical engineering and a background
that demonstrates progressive responsibility, including at least 5
years in a technical management position.
- Experience in manufacturing technologies using fabrication,
welding, paint, and assembly.
- An understanding of plastics technology, electronic design
(harnesses, motors, etc.), and hydraulics.
- A leader with the right balance of creativity, initiative, and
drive to take concepts into reality.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects across a diverse
organizational structure and lead change while gaining consensus
and fostering strong relationships.
- Experience managing capital and operational budgets.
- An attitude that says "we can" and goes that extra mile to
ensure that reality.
- Uses strong, data-based analytical skills and is competent in
the Industrial Engineer's TPS toolbox to be able to teach and train
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written
communication skills with team, internal customers, and suppliers
that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional
relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Will consider sponsorship of candidates who have an H1B
It would be great if you had:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing using automated
- Proven experience in new product development and introduction
into a full-scale production system.
- Solid understanding and applied experiences in lean
manufacturing and six sigma.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment and
knowledge of materials management theories, processes, and
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems (MES) and
product lifecycle manufacturing (PLM) systems.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Anticipated to be $138,000 - $175,000 depending on
background of selected candidate.
Benefits - The company recognizes the value of a comprehensive
benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure
our package meets the needs of our employees and their families.
Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Syracuse , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Executive , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!