Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Quality Manager Leading to better encompasses all we do at
Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition
company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable
solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our
commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward.
With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry
products, your opportunities are limitless.
About KerryKerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company
for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we
partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more
sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across
the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner,
creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry
offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while
providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global
About the roleOur Norwich, NY location is part of our Applied
Health and Nutrition Division and one of our specialty sites that
creates proteins, lactose, coatings, and flavors. The location lies
within Chenango County and is advantageously located within a
50-mile radius of the major cities of Binghamton, Syracuse, Utica,
Cooperstown and Oneonta. Leader of site Quality department,
responsible for ensuring that all Quality activities (including
Quality Assurance, Quality Control, & Sanitation) and that factory
systems, processes, manufactured products & documentation comply
with the relevant Company, Customer, and Regulatory requirements.
Collaborates cross-functionally to continuously improve factory
GMP/cGMP, systems, processes, procedures, and overall compliance.
Sits on Site Leadership team with other local department heads. The
Quality Manager role offers a unique opportunity to be involved
with a remarkable combination of technical capabilities, customer
insights, and innovative applications.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of QA and QC professionals to ensure that products
are manufactured according to requirements and that facility
practices are established & maintained in compliance with relevant
- Interview, select, train, evaluate, and discipline
- Coach & guide employees to advance their development (e.g.
- Serve as a model of values and effective leadership
- Endorse and champion Quality & Food Safety Policies &
supporting programs; take prompt action to address and/or escalate
concerns when necessary.
- Understand the requirements of and ensure adherence facility to
Quality Management System (QMS) and Food Safety Management Systems
(FSMS) certification standards (e.g. ISO, GFSI, etc.) for all
- Food Safety Plan, Food Defense Plan, Food Fraud Vulnerability
- Providing feedback to the plant on its adherence to systems and
procedures through internal audits, management review, quality
- Perform trending of quality-related data to guide continuous
- Document Control & Record Control
- Write, update, and/or approve SOPs, WIs, Forms, etc.
- Change Management / Change Control
- Internal QMS/FSMS audits & GMP inspections
- Customer Complaint investigation & response
- Sanitation, Pest Control, Hygienic principles (design, zoning,
- Quality training program, regularly providing training to plant
staff on GMP principles and QMS/FSMS initiatives.
- Oversee product release & batch traceability practices,
ensuring that all finished products manufactured meet
specifications and compliance requirements prior to release
- Lead investigation teams through quality issues
(nonconformities, complaints, audit findings, etc.) through root
cause analysis (RCA) and the development, implementation, and
effectiveness verification of corrective and preventive actions
- Manage external audits of the facility (e.g. by customers,
certifiers, Regulatory bodies)
- Write and/or approve written responses for communications with
external customers (e.g. audit responses, complaint responses,
technical document reviews, etc.)
- Review, approve, and implement specifications for raw
materials, packaging, and finished products. Perform customer
specification reviews with consideration to standard product
offerings and process capability.
- As compliance requirements develop, perform gap assessment
against current state and lead development of action plans to close
- Assess project priority; define, develop, and execute quality
improvement plans based on determined priority.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support New Product
Introduction (NI) process.
- Approve artwork/master copy for product labels
- Maintain effective Stability program for existing products and
new commercializations (including data to support packaging
- Frequently interact with:
- Onsite team: Plant Management, quality department, production
staff, supply chain
- Offsite team: company quality leadership, account managers,
technical services, customer care, regulatory.
- External to company: auditors, inspectors, customer quality
representatives, contracted service providers. All employees share
a responsibility to demonstrate and promote employee health &
safety and environmental protection in our operations to comply
with federal, state, local and company rules and regulations by
observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging
safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe
behavior which may lead to accidents.
What would you need to be successful?
- 5+ years practical experience in pharmaceutical, excipient,
cosmetic, dietary supplement, and/or food manufacturing Quality
- Experience with ISO 9001 and or FSSC 22000 (or other GFSI
- PCQI desired
- Robust working knowledge of GMP, HACCP/HARPC (Food Safety)
principles, risk assessment, laboratory practices & controls,
microbiology, and validation.
- 5+ years managerial experience within Quality functional areas
aligned with Key Responsibilities as described above
- BS degree in a scientific field
- Computer competency in applications such as:
- Microsoft Windows and Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Laboratory information & result recording systems
- Internet & cloud-based applications
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to give and follow
written and verbal instructions.
- ASQ certification desirable
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a
background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can
be found here. Additional information can also be here .
Keywords: Kerry, Syracuse , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Norwich, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!