Production Line Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
As a Line Manager for O-I you will be responsible for managing the
total operation of the line (defined as total production line) on a
24 hour / 7 day a week basis through the continuous shift operation
to maximize production performance within established safety,
quality and cost parameters.
A particular emphasis of the role is to facilitate a team culture
across all functional and cross functional disciplines for the
specific line. Through both formal and informal continuous
improvement opportunities, implement and refine improvement ideas
to maximize the performance of the line.
The Line Manager Responsibilities
- Aligns resources in the plant's personnel (operators,
mechanics, etc) to focus on all areas of the process center; i.e.
quality assurance, furnace, machine repair, mold shop, general
maintenance, cold end, and job change coordinator.
- Reinforces positive team efforts and embraces Continuous
Improvement concepts to ensure workers understand that their work
activities are part of a whole and have an impact on the operation
and common goals.
- Motivates the generation of ideas and initiates by discussing
them on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Defines initiatives and operations goals with input from other
plant personnel to improve overall performance.
- Develops technical specialized skills and knowledge, as well as
team work, continuous improvement and discipline strengths.
- Develops multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, and awareness
of customer oriented common goals and achievements.
- Make sure local and contractual agreements are followed
- Responsible for all audit compliance for Quality, Safety, GMP,
Procedures, Swabbing and Forming.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety
policies are followed
- Works with shift foremen to have consistency on all shifts.
The Line Manager should have:
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Production or Operations
Management, Business, or other related disciplines
- Minimum requirement of 1 year experience supervising/leading
people and processes in a manufacturing environment, preferably
- Project Management and/or Lean Certification desired.
- Significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing concepts that
use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
- Computer literate w/ proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Adequate knowledge of informational systems & ability to
analyze data (i.e. PIC, MCS, MCSII, VSPC, SAP, WorkBrain,
- Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of change
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team members
What We Offer At O-I
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more---
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture
that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while
encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Syracuse , Production Line Manager, Executive , Auburn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!