Area Manager - Account Management
Company: Sunoco Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Energy Transfer, L.P. (NYSE: ET) owns SUN's general partner and
incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of
companies controls approximately 86,000 miles of pipelines,
supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco LP is about committing yourself to innovation,
partnership and results. At Sunoco LP, we are passionate about our
business, and we re looking for people who have the drive to help
us reach our goals.
Wholesale fuel distribution is our key focus at Sunoco LP. We
distribute more than 10 fuel brands to approximately 9,200
convenience stores across the United States. Sunoco fuel is our
premier fuel brand and is a brand built on innovation and quality.
It s well-recognized among racing enthusiasts worldwide and is the
world s largest manufacturer and marketer of racing fuels,
distributing gasoline to more than 500 racetracks worldwide. It s
the official fuel of NASCAR, NHRA and 50 other racing series in the
United States. Because of our vast network and infrastructure, we
can customize our offering based on consumer demand. In addition to
Sunoco fuel, we also offer Texaco, Exxon, Valero, Diamond Shamrock,
Shell, Mobil, Phillips 66, Conoco, Citgo and Chevron fuel.
The position of Area Account Manager is a key player of the sales
and operations team. This position requires a driven individual
with a strong business acumen, excellent communication and
relationship skills with a passion for success.
This position is primarily responsible for delivery of existing
customer EBITDA and other income to 75 - 100 accounts. Ensuring our
customers' satisfaction by maintaining our philosophy of going
above and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares annual budget and maintenance capital requirements for
* Represents Sunoco LP, and its portfolio of brands, products and
services with credibility and integrity. Acts as a business
advisor, consultant and credible source of industry and market
knowledge. Understands and can communicate the Sunoco LP strategy,
by market, by customer channel, by terminal supply point.
Communicates strengths, weaknesses, and recommended adjustments to
management as necessary.
* Provides the highest standards of professionalism pertaining to
in-person, phone and email etiquette, responding to each in a
prompt and timely manner.
* Develops, manages and strengthens equitable business
relationships with Sunoco LP customers, including
dealer/distributorship owners, principles, and key decision
* Effectively communicates to existing and potential customers the
value proposition of fuel products, supply and value-added
* Establishes productive and professional relationships both with
customers and cross-functional teams, including legal, financial
analysis, pricing, credit, contract administration, supply, and
* Advocates for our customer, dedicated to understanding their
concerns and appropriately addressing each. Collaborates with other
departments to resolve customer concerns satisfactorily for both
the customer and the company.
* Ensures compliance with company programs such as brand image,
mystery shop and promotions, and contract term
* Develops and initiate action plans for sites not in compliance
and under-performing with follow up.
* Complete new customer on-boarding activities. Schedule customer
training, as needed.
* Optimizes the relationship between margin and volume through
strategic and sound pricing policies and recommendations. Provides
effective and appropriate price counselling, addresses pricing
concerns, revises market surveys as needed.
* Manage retail technology upgrades.
* Submits inventory management reports for commission agent (COAG)
* Complete all environmental requirements at company-owned and
commission agent (COAG) locations.
* Escalates severe or outstanding maintenance issues. Ensures each
receives appropriate attention and is resolved satisfactorily.
* Advocates for franchise, backcourt, APlus programs, ensuring
promotional activity, merchandising updates and program compliance
standards are clearly communicated to customers. Verifies adherence
in accordance with company standards and timelines. Manages royalty
* Manage contract compliance to ensure customer reaches
* Participate in monthly division and sales meetings, trade show,
grand openings, special events, and dealer seminars.
* Manage maintenance capital program.
* Manage real estate functions, including land lease, renewals,
* Promote commercial programs (i.e. fleet) with customers. Actively
engage with customers on lead generation and profitable volume
* Accountable for completing all significant EBITDA contributing
renewals ( less than $1MM EBITDA)
* Manage Assignments and Assumptions and rental income.
* Effectively transitions new accounts from Area Sales Manager to
complete on-boarding and account management functions.
* Review monthly P&L statements and volume analysis for all
locations and present results and strategy.
* Effectively utilizes technology, programs, platforms (i.e.
Salesforce, Tableau, Concur, etc.) for all phases of the sales
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
for this position are listed below:
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* Travel 50 - 75% of the time, some overnight, some multiple nights
in a row.
* 5+ years minimum experience in sales account management.
* Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft suite products.
This position will be responsible for account management in the
Syracuse, NY markets.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Usually, normal office working conditions.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
* Occasional overnight travel may be required.
* Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may
include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as
extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require
appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sunoco Inc., Syracuse , Area Manager - Account Management, Executive , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!