Project Manager ( Energy / Building Systems focus)
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2020
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to
creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of
January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a
highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and
represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have
come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North
American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices.
Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary
solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering,
project delivery, and design-build services
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and
problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating
comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a
OBG is currently searching for a Project Manager who has
demonstrated the ability to manage energy, utility and
infrastructure-based projects across the industrial, municipal,
higher education and health care client sectors for both private
and public-sector clients. This position will support OBG's
engineering, construction and design/build projects.
* Delivery of projects with safety as the number one priority.
* Organize and direct multi-discipline teams in the execution of
energy, utility, power, reliability, central utility and
* Maintain ownership and take responsibility for quality control on
all engineering, construction and design/build projects.
* Manage project risk and proactively engage legal team to write,
review, and administer contracts.
* Manage client expectations, external consultants and
* Develop and maintain client relationships.
* Organize and prepare proposals including the management of the
proposal effort, execution strategy, and sales strategy.
* Target and market business opportunities.
* Execution of project, and management of project activities
related to scope, schedule and budget.
* Provide oversight to deliver projects in alignment with OBG, and
* Facilitate project progress review meetings.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* B.S. Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering and a minimum of
8+years of relevant experience, which demonstrates project
management of energy, utility, power reliability, central utility,
or infrastructure-based projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of project life-cycle delivery, from
proposal development, through design, estimating, bid phase,
contracts and construction, commissioning, and closeout
* Understanding of financial metrics and process of tracking
progress of projects under their supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
* 30hr OSHA Construction Safety Certification preferred.
* Travel is required to client locations for project coordination,
sales, and project oversight.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment
is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable
accommodation with the application or the interview process, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Syracuse , Project Manager ( Energy / Building Systems focus), Executive , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!