Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2019
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to
creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of
January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a
highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and
represents the same client-and people-centric focus that you have
come to expect from OBG. Our combined
resources bring our North American presence to 2,000 experts across
more than 70 offices. Together, we offer our clients enhanced,
multidisciplinary solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end
engineering, project delivery, and design-build services.
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and
problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating
comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a
OBG is seeking a Process Engineer in our Syracuse, NY office. The
candidate will work on project teams to support the development of
chemical process designs for a variety of industrial clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Develops conceptual designs and cost estimates for new plants or
* Performs engineering calculations and develops study reports
* Prepares heat and materials balances, process flow diagrams,
piping & instrumentation diagrams, equipment specifications and
other design documents.
* Develops detailed process design elements, including development
of control system philosophies, instrumentation details, and
pressure relief sizing.
* Reviews process equipment quotations, develops technical bid
evaluations, selects equipment suppliers, and reviews fabrication
* Coordinates process design with a multi-discipline project
* Monitors budget and schedule performance on assigned tasks.
* Communicates and documents effectively with project team,
including outside contacts, customers, and other engineering
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office
and at the jobsite.
* Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm s
Quality Management System.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s Degree in Chemical Engineering and 2-10 years relevant
experience outside of an academic setting
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively in teams
* Willingness to continue to improve
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
* Engineering in Training (EIT) designation preferred
* Experience with Hydraulic Modeling Software (PIPE-FLO or similar)
* Experience with Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD or similar)
* Experience with Chemical Simulation Software (CHEMCAD or similar)
* Experience in the Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical industries is
* Experience with Process Hazard Analyses is a plus
* 0-30% travel, valid driver s license required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Equal access to programs, services and
employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require
reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview
process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Syracuse , Process Engineer, Engineering , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!