Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 12, 2019
ABOUT O'BRIEN & GERE
O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions provider throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities.
These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving energy, water, environmental and facilities challenges of today and tomorrow. By living our mission of People creating a better future by making a difference each day, we are improving natural and built environments for our clients, employees, and communities. And our story keeps getting better
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER 1
O Brien & Gere is seeking an entry level structural engineer (Engineer 1) in the Binghamton and Syracuse, NY offices who will work under the direct supervision of senior level engineers. The candidate will perform technical work requiring minimal previous experience including the following:
* Prepares basic designs and performs calculations in support of projects of routine to average complexity, following standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System using design software and modeling tools.
* Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, geotechnical data and other information to plan projects of average complexity and create design deliverables for review by a senior engineer.
* Reviews work of others for conformance to O Brien & Gere and Owner requirements.
* Consistently utilizes sound judgement and discretion in performance of job functions.
* Gathers and records information to be used for writing technical specifications.
* Reviews vendor drawings to assure compliance with Contract Documents.
* Prepares and presents routine technical reports.
* Visits job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology Required (Masters Degree preferred)
* Zero to 3 years of experience Preferred
* Pass Fundamentals of Engineering exam - Preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals
* Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD Required
* Background with Finite Element Analysis (STAAD, RISA or Similar) - Required
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Works effectively in teams
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Syracuse , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!