Posted on: March 19, 2023
Overview:The Network Engineer position at Loretto requires
previous experience working in a Network Engineering role with
Cisco equipment in an enterprise environment.Responsibilities:The
ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experiences working with
Cisco on-premises enterprise level equipment, to include:
- Cisco 36xx, 38xx, 9000 series switches
- Cisco 4500 series routers
- Cisco 2504, 5508, 9800 series Wireless Controllers
- WebEx devicesThis position will have specific Network tasks, to
- Installation, configuration and updating network equipment
- Working with vendor support to resolve issues
- Planning for upgrades and new implementations
- Network security setting/access control listsThis position
requires a general working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Server and Windows 10/11 Operating Systems
- Security conceptsThis position will also work with internal
staff such as System Administrators and Help Desk staff to address
end-user issues. Familiarity with Check Point Firewall/VPN and
Cisco Call Manager/Unity Connections is desired.Qualifications:
- Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology,
or related work experience (relevant work experience,
certifications and education may be considered in lieu of a
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Network Engineering role,
preferably with Cisco network equipment.
- Proven experience working with networking equipment
specifically, including maintenance, upgrades and
- Ability to utilize packet capturing tools such as Wireshark and
TCPDUMP to diagnose network issues.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications systems and
Cisco Wireless networks are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Firewall / VPN (Check Point is a plus) and
- CCNA and CCDA are a plus.
- Significant experience working with Linux based OS, Microsoft
Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of LAN and WAN networking, including: TCP/IP,
VLANs, Ethernet, switching and Spanning Tree, routing and routing
protocols (i.e. OSPF), 802.1Q, ACLs, GRE, SIP, DHCP and DNS.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve
complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to
all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and
- Consistent access to reliable transportation.INDPRO
- Excellent medical, dental, prescription and vision
- Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Retirement/Pension Plans
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Loretto Health Clinic Visits
- Generous Paid Time-Off Accrual
- Fun events for employees
- Convenient locations with free parking
- Employee Coaches - to help you achieve life goals
- Diaper Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career growth and movement within 19
Keywords: Loretto, Syracuse , Network Engineer, Engineering , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...