Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Auburn Enlarged City School District
Company: First Student
Posted on: August 7, 2022
First Student is now hiring an Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving Auburn Enlarged City School District!$2,500
sign-on bonus*!First thingsFirst: Who are we?Twice the size of our
next largest competitor,First Studentis the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industrys strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.Why join First
as an Automotive andDiesel Mechanic?
- $22 - $24 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- $2,500 sign-on bonus*
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Automotive and Diesel Mechanic PositionAsa
Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair Thomas C2s, Dodge Caravans, and Chevrolet Type A school
buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing
guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job duties
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Automotive and Diesel
- Valid drivers license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while
employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanics toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
FirstStudent!*conditions apply; offer expires 8/31/2022We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Syracuse , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Auburn Enlarged City School District, Engineering , Auburn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!