Sales Engineer II - Vertical, Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a motivated sales engineer skilled at detailed
evaluations of client networks and recommending simple solutions
for their business needs?
- Can you commit to a technical position empowering sales teams
with pre-sale activities and post-sale technical consultations for
Spectrum Enterprise technology solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As an experienced Sales Engineer, you have strong requirements
gathering skills that you use to architect innovative network
solutions and exceed client expectations. Through your expertise
and understanding of each client's needs, you outline uniquely
beneficial combinations of Private Networking Solutions based on
Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards and voice solutions. You
improve sales with persuasive written abilities that showcase the
benefits of Spectrum Enterprise services.
You accelerate the sales cycle by sharing your knowledge through
the preparation and presentation of technical sales proposals for
new and existing clients. You are passionate about creating
solutions that proactively acquire new enterprise accounts and
convert them into long-term clients. You possess a refined ability
to overcome technical obstacles to cost-effectively meet client
needs today and in the future. You thrive in an office environment
and feel comfortable traveling to evaluate on-site systems within a
specified footprint. You report directly to the Manager, Sales
Engineering, Vertical Accounts for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all
efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client
- Craft and review cost-effective proposals based on designs of
the client current network environment and technical and business
- Engineer client-centric solutions by designing voice and data
network solutions for client applications, including the
preparation of network topologies and technical
- Maintain company compliance for prepared client voice and data
network solution designs by submitting them to Engineering and
Operations and compiling project cost elements.
- Obtain financial client approval by collaborating with Account
Executives, Account Managers, and Sales Managers on solution
pricing and submission of an internal rate of return (IRR).
- Improve sales by helping clients to understand the benefits of
Spectrum Enterprise products and services through technical
- Set up a smooth installation process through the distribution
of post-sale documentation and support to installation and project
- Support client integration and implementation of company
solutions by providing technical sales support.
- Encourage long-term client retention by answering complex
questions during solution design and equipment operation.
- Bolster company-wide sales by presenting technical training to
new and existing Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales
- Support team development initiatives by guiding the position
Network Engineer I through complex voice and data network
- Continuously stay at the forefront of emerging trends within
the telecommunications industry.Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of experience in telecommunications sales
engineering and networking.
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet, including digital powerline
(DPL), ethernet virtual private line (EVPL), ethernet local area
network (ELAN) and local area network (LAN) and wide area network
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers,
switches, LAN, metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3
(DS3), operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit
(CSU), data service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment
- Detailed knowledge of domain name system (DNS), transmission
control protocol (TCP), internet protocol (IP), firewalls, virtual
private networks (VPNs) or other corporate data security
- Adept with general industry networking technologies, such as IP
VPN, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), voice over internet protocol (VoIP), synchronous
optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength division
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis in VoIP,
signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Expert in routing protocols, such as border gateway protocol
(BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS), open
shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) as well
as emerging technologies.
- Proven knowledge of the sales cycle and working closely with
- Understanding of business drivers, industry trends and
regulatory and technical shifts that impact target markets.
- Track record of developing long-term business relationships
with key decision-makers in large enterprise organizations.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
- Consultative approach to providing client solutions and design
with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications.
- Solid technical presentation skills with C-level
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and the
availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.Your education:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, IT or a
related field (preferred).
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional
(CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Metro
Ethernet Forum Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP)
(required).SEN217 314309-2 314309BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Syracuse , Sales Engineer II - Vertical, Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!