Electronics Design Engineer
Company: The Raymond Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The successful candidate will be responsible for the new product
design, development, and integration of electronic components and
systems for use on electric powered forklift trucks. Designs will
include advanced wired and wireless communication, ARM
microprocessors, and support peripherals for application in
forklift control systems and IoT. Assignments are broad in nature,
usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete projects.
Works with appropriate supervision with some latitude for
independent, unreviewed actions. Will have project management
responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects.
- Partners with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and software
counterparts on system design and integration.
- Derives and defines system-level functional requirements. Works
with reliability engineering and supply partners to develop and
qualify new components.
- Designs robust solutions using modern
microcontrollers/microprocessors, analog / digital sensor elements,
power regulation circuits, wired/wireless communication systems
(Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, CAN, ISM, Ethernet, etc.).
- Actively participates in and leads design reviews and product
- Guides design and development of printed circuit boards from
schematic entry to final PCA CAD layout.
- Defines assembly bills of materials, defines component
specifications, and processes ECOs.
- Ensures that system/component designs comply with company and
industrial requirements (UL, CE, etc.).
- Performs initial circuit board bring-up and measures
performance to verify adherence to functional requirements.
- Performs engineering analysis and/or design of various vehicle
systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design
analysis, simulation, and performance validation.
- Test and troubleshoots complex designs utilizing advance
laboratory equipment (O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.)
- Travels as needed to other Raymond divisions, customers, and
supply partners (-5%).The successful candidate will be able to
multi-task and prioritize assignments, and to plan, organize, and
carry out technical activities. Good written and verbal
communications skills, with the ability to present technical
material to a technically diverse audience both orally and in
writing, are also required.
Position requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Raymond Corporation, Syracuse , Electronics Design Engineer, Engineering , Greene, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!