Company: Arc of Onondaga
Posted on: February 16, 2020
- Syracuse, NY, USA
- Part TimeEmail Me Similar Jobs Email Me This
JobReceptionistPart-Time OpeningMonday - Friday 8:00am to 12:30pm
The Receptionist/Administrative Clerk is responsible for providing
receptionist and clerical support services for Arc operations.
Their responsibilities include answering the telephone, greeting
guests and visitors, managing the switchboard and performing
various assigned clerical duties. They accomplish their tasks
utilizing effective telephone and customer service skills that
promote cooperation and support for the public, consumers and
staff. This position reports to the Executive Secretary/Office
- Provides primary telephone and reception services applying
professional, courteous and cheerful customer service techniques
for Arc of Onondaga.
- Greet all visitors with courtesy, determine their needs and
direct them to the proper person or department.
- Determine location of appropriate staff during working hours
and arrange contacts as necessary or assigned.
- Responsible for arranging for a replacement as necessary or
required to assure that the reception area is staffed at all
- Keep equipment in good working, clean state and notify
supervisor when repair or maintenance is required.
- Receive all outgoing mail, packages, etc., compute prepare
proper postage and sort for delivery in a timely manner. Assure
that adequate postage is available.
- Accurately log all income on a daily basis and route the log
and income to the Finance Department.
- Make copies and operate other office equipment as
- Maintain assigned records, logs, files and other
- Receive supplies, cash and equipment delivered to the
receptionist area. Ensure that packing slips are signed, or
receipts are written and forwarded to Finance Department.
- Maintain up-to-date confidential records regarding staff and
client telephone numbers and addresses both at the worksite and at
- Assure confidentiality of all records, knowledge, information,
correspondence etc., related to this position.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned including but not limited
to bulk mailings, copying, sorting, collating, data entry, typing,
- Schedules and coordinates reservation list and use of
conference rooms. Inform maintenance of necessary preparations
required for events
- Call emergency numbers and relay proper information to obtain
assistance regarding ambulance, medical personnel, police and fire
departments. Appraise supervisor of all instances of an emergency
- Maintain a neat, attractive, professional and business like
appearance and work area.
- Receive, sort and prepare for distribution all agency mail from
U. S. Postal Service, courier services and inter-office mail.
- Expected to conduct all agency business and complete job
responsibilities in accordance with agency Code of Conduct and
Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Attends and participates in required Agency, program and/or
department meetings, staff development and training programs.
- Provides other job-related support and services as required or
assigned by supervisor.Note Requirements 1 - 17 are Essential Job
RequirementsEducation & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Related administrative experience preferred.
- Combination of education and experience which, in the judgement
of the employer, equals above standards.
- Computer, administrative and communications skills to fulfill
Keywords: Arc of Onondaga, Syracuse , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!