Senior Analyst, Back Office Systems Support - US Finance (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: National Grid
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance Enablement – Technology, Business Operations Systems Support User Access & Controls, this position is responsible for creating and maintaining valued partnerships with the business by supporting the business' User Access & Controls needs and processes. This role will coordinate day to day business user support for GRC access request processing and SOX audit responsibilities. This position will also coordinate the day-to-day interface with key business users in the provisions of services; analyze data and activities to provide relevant and up-to-date information to support decision-making and the effective working of National Grid.
- Coordinate with other team members on the effective execution of IT General Controls related to SAP and PowerPlant applications, including; user access, segregation of duties, critical access, and elevated access across all SAP modules.
- Execute periodic reviews of SAP role and user based SoD conflicts, and critical access. Assist in updating mitigating control with business risk owners, as required.
- Develop an extensive understanding of BPS end-to-end processes, User Access risk & controls frameworks relative to control operation. Identify and resolve potential access issues for National Grid users.
- Develop relationships with other National Grid assurance partners: Controls Excellence Team, Digital Risk & Security, external auditors to facilitate collaboration across functional areas.
- Participate in execution and achievement for established goals and metrics for Business Services, BPS User Access & Controls Team, including support of regular dashboard and Steering Committee reporting requirements.
- Support a collaborative team working environment and focus on the design of new and improved processes in order to achieve business objectives and continuous improvement and performance within the Business Process Services, User Access & Controls Team.
- Keep up to date with SAP / IT knowledge and developments in the industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
- Travel to multiple NG locations may be required.
- Bachelor Degree required in IT, Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 + years Sarbanes Oxley controls experience.
- Minimum of 3 + years SAP security and SAP GRC 10.1 experience preferred
- Strong leadership, excellent verbal and written skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of end user needs and demonstrated ability to adapt an end user mindset when problem solving
- Ability to facilitate the analysis of business processes, and articulate potential changes to business processes in a convincing manner
- Ability to work as part of a team collaborating with other IT and/or business team members
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, action orientated.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience. National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
FINANCE SYSTEMS & REQUIREMENTS
Keywords: National Grid, Syracuse , Senior Analyst, Back Office Systems Support - US Finance (Military Veterans Wanted!), Accounting, Auditing , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!