Renewable Energy Manager, Billing Operations
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About us -National Grid is hiring a Renewable Energy Manager,
Billing Operations in our Syracuse, NY office.
This is a Hybrid Role -Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people
need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the
lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is
accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an
unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our
industry. -To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our
customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. -This requires
us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities
to grow, both ourselves and our business.
-Job Purpose -Renewable energy, such as solar, wind, and hydro, has
grown significantly at National Grid. -New and complex billing
programs have been developed by National Grid to bill and credit
these renewable energy accounts. -National Grid is seeking a
Manager of Renewable Energy to lead the billing function as well as
create and implement new strategies for upcoming new programs.Key
- Responsible for the management of the renewable energy billing
- Create processes and controls for renewable energy billing
- Monitor the monthly controls, identify any issues, and correct
as needed. Report on metrics.
- Serve as the Business owner on IT project teams and assure the
progress of projects by providing direction, solutions, and
feedback to the teams from collaboratives
- Manage team that serves as the primary point of contact for
renewable billing, while prioritizing projects, budgeting, billing,
inquiries, and reporting
- Meet and collaborate with appropriate regulatory officials as
- Establish department strategy and goals to support the
operation in the near term and future as the business implements
tariffs required by the regulators
- Maximize collaboration opportunities with other business
services leaders by developing and leveraging relationships with
- Become a liaison between the NG users, IT, and the external
customers. -Handle external customer escalation issues. - -
- Lead the team by being a role model, identify opportunities
allowing for employee growth and assist the team in achieving all
goals, and perform year end assessments and reviews.
- Drive performance excellence with effective communication,
performance management and employee recognition
- Travel required > 10% -Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 5+ years related experience
preferred managing in a customer, billing, regulatory, or a
renewable energy setting.
- Project Management background preferred
- Influential, energetic, and enthusiastic business leader, with
the drive, ambition, and resilience to make things happen and
deliver outstanding performance on key target dates.
- A strong, successful record implementing significant change and
delivering against key business objectives.
- Significant experience delivering superior operational and
customer performance and continuous improvement, by use and
creation of Key Productivity, Key Risk Indicators, and process
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Reporting
applications -More InformationSalary
$110,000 - $129,000 a year
Salary commensurate with location and experienceThis position has a
career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and
across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining
experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum
qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
-National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. ---We
foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to
deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.
---National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We
encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans to join the National Grid team. -
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Syracuse , Renewable Energy Manager, Billing Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Elbridge, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!